Chapter 41

---[Third Person POV]---

Shota and Toshinori had finished talking to all the parents of the students in class 1A, managing to convince them all to allow their children to continue enrolling in U. A.

Everything had calmed down. All For One, the villains had disappeared, and Bakugou and Ragdoll was back.

However, there were no news of [Y/N] until later....

The other teachers were also wondering where she was, and Shota decided to ask around, not wanting to believe that she had sided with the villains again and left him.

He asked [BF/N] and [M/N] back at Teikou, but didn't receive any information. He didn't want to ask any more, though, since the restaurant was getting busy since they'd opened.

He couldn't check the previous base, of course, since it was destroyed and the police had sealed it off for interrogation. He tried calling and texting her, but she didn't pick or nor reply.

Shota had asked Hizashi, since he was the last one who was with her. He said that he left [Y/N] with Meleoron, since he had to go do his radio show.

Shota got back home, then realized that he had received Meleoron's phone number from [Y/N] before he went to the training camp, and decided to call him, and that's when he received news.

"Hello...?" Shota called. "This is Shota."

It was silent for a moment on the other end. Then he heard Meleoron's nervous voice. "...Hey."

"You do know why I'm calling, right?"

"Yeah...."

"Where's [Y/N]?"

"You should come see for yourself."

"Tell me. Is she... is she with the villains again?"

"Meet me at the Hosu General Hospital."

"What? She's at the hospital?" Shota raised his voice, but realized that Meleoron had hung up. "Fucking chameleon...."

He rushed to get his scarf and put eye drops in his dry eyes. He was ready for a fight if needed, but why at a hospital?

He then ran out to the location Meleoron gave him, many thoughts going through his head, thinking about the possibilities.

When Shota got there, he noticed Meleoron standing outside at the stairs, leaning against the railings with his arms crossed. Meleoron spotted him, then directed him inside.

"What happened to her?" Shota demanded.

Meleoron stayed silent, except to ask a nurse for permission to go to [Y/N]'s room, and the nurse directed them to a room.

"In there," Meleoron said simply. Shota quickly opened the door to see a figure in a bed.

It was [Y/N].

She had monitors by her side, tubes going into her, and a heart monitor beeped her heart rate. Bandages were around her neck and arms, while her legs and body was covered by the bed's white sheets. She was unconscious, her eyes closed and an oxygen mask on her face.

"W-what happened?" Shota asked, turning to the nurse.

"She was found hurt in a car accident," the nurse replied. "It was cause by a fight between a hero and villain, and it seems that she was traumatized by the situation. She's injured at the neck, possibly from the villain's grip on her. The hero tried to help, but she was knocked out by the villain. The villain was caught, fortunately. But this woman, [Y/N] [L/N] according to Meleoron, she-" she stopped, giving Shota a questioning look. "What's your relationship with her?"

"I'm a close f... I'm her boyfriend," Shota declared. "Meleoron's a close friend of her."

"Then you might not like the news...." The nurse sighed, reluctant to tell Shota what had happened to her. Yes, she was hurt badly, but what else?

"Tell me," Shota urged. The nurse stared him in the eyes.

"She's in a coma."