Chapter 28

---[Reader's POV]---

Waking up, I found myself on Shota's sofa. What is with me and sleeping at Shota's?

Then a feeling of dread I remembered what had happened last night. The fire. Dabi. Him being a clone. The house burning down. Me running to Shota's and him bringing me in and me falling asleep.

I remembered having a nightmare of when my uncle was raping me, the torturing and force kissing....

It had stopped after a kiss that was gentle. I blushed when I remembered that I had dreamed that it was Shota, whom I had feelings for....

As I got up, I saw, Shota sleeping on the floor in his usual yellow sleeping bag. Meleoron was beside the sofa scrolling through his phone.

"Hey," I said. Shota opened an eye to see me sitting up, while Meleoron simply waved at me.

"How are you feeling, [Y/N]?" Shota asked. He got out of his sleeping bag, yawning. He was wearing a black shirt and shorts. It was really different to see him without his hero outfit.

"Not as bad as before," I answer honestly. "Surprisingly, I didn't have much nightmares."

"Uh, yeah," Shota said awkwardly for some reason. "You did panic for a few seconds before it stopped, and so I thought I'd also have some rest myself before going to school. Do you mind talking about what happened?"

I sighed, then told him about the clone of Dabi burning down my home. It reminded me so much of the fire from years ago at the Anteikou.

"You're welcome to stay over at my place for now, or can you stay at Sh-Tomura's?" Shota motioned over to my phone on the table.

"Really? I don't want to be a burden," I said. "Tomura doesn't have a place for me to sleep. I took the, checking if I received any texts from Tomura.

"I texted him a while ago but he didn't say what he was going to do," Shota said. "Oh, and don't look ba-"

"'Jeez, what a great boyfriend you are?'" I repeated the text from Tomura. I looked up to see Shota turning away, red. I laughed. "Did he tell you something yesterday when I was talking to Meleoron?"

"Maybe."

I giggled. "Thanks for caring so much about me, Shota." I walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

"[Y/N]...."

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

And he leaned in to kiss me. I blushed, knowing that Meleoron was watching us, but I kissed back, not wanting this to end. As I kissed him, thoughts began going through my head. Why? I'm a villain. He's a hero. He's not supposed to love me. I'm not supposed to love him.

However, it ended when a flash of a camera made Shota turn at the source. Meleoron was holding phone up at us. "Shoot, I thought I turned the flash off," he muttered.

"Since when were you there?" Shota asked, face red with a bit of anger, but mostly embarrassment.

I turned to look between them. "I thought you knew he was there the whole time...?"

"No!" Shota yelled, unnecessarily.

"Ohhhh right, because my quirk allowed him to appear visible to me," I mused. "He was probably holding his breath, using his quirk."

"Bingo." Meleoron smiled at me. "Tomura sent me here to check up on you since he and Kurogiri were busy. When I came, I saw this." He held up his phone to show me a picture. Before I could get a close look, Shota swooped in and grabbed it from his hands.

"Nope, no, don't, negative, under no condition, by no means, never ever," he said. I raised my eyebrow at him.

Meleoron laughed. "It was him kissing you when you were asleep. I think it helped stop the nightmares, though." Shota huffed, then gave the phone back and sulked away to the kitchen, probably getting breakfast.

This time my face turned red. "So I guess that didn't really count as my first kiss with him, huh?" I muttered under my breath. "Why are you taking pictures?"

He shrugged, smiling mischievously. I sighed. "But why though...."

He laughed, then stood and started to walk out the door. "I'm glad to see you're alright, though. I'll be taking my leave then. Have some fun with Shota." He gave me a wink and left before I could say anything. A few seconds passed as I stared at the door, then my face turned red when I realized what 'fun' he was talking about.

"Dirty-minded bastard...." I grumbled. He'll never let me forget this.

I sighed again, then looked to the clock. It was 5 in the morning, plenty of time. I went to the kitchen to see Shota at the table eating cereal and drinking juice out of a squeezable juice pouch thing? I have no idea what those were called.

Next to him was a bowl of cereal and a milk carton next to it. "Sorry, don't have much and can't cook." Shota said, pointing at it.

"Can't cook or too lazy to cook?" I asked, sitting down. "Thanks, though."

"...too lazy."

I laughed. "Oh, and, I was wondering...." I hesitated, not wanting to tell him what I wanted to tell him. "If I still helped Tomura, but not with spying at the school, since I actually want to be a teacher, what would you say, or do, or feel? After all, I'm just useless at fighting and-"

He stopped me by kissing me again. This time, no one was watching and we were alone with each other. I kissed back, thankful that he wasn't judging me that I was helping a villain. We parted.

"We went over this. You're not useless," he whispered. "I would still love you."