Chapter 12

After I finished, I realized that I was crying. My voice was hoarse again from talking so much at once.

Shota had listened carefully, without interrupting me. I tried to read his thoughts, but his face remained expressionless as ever, with only a small trace of sadness and pity in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, [Y/N]...." Shota said. "I shouldn't have pushed you to tell me."

I shook my head. "You didn't, I wanted to tell you."

He nodded, then stood up. "Are you hungry? Do you need anything?"

"A cold bottle of water?" I asked. "I also need to use the bathroom."

"Alright." Shota gave me directions to the bathroom and left to what I assumed was the kitchen to get the water.

While in the bathroom, I washed my face and realized my arms were slightly numb, but useable again. I looked into the bathroom mirror and saw that I looked as messy as ever; bags under my eyes, [H/C], frazzled hair and just outright tired. Even after sleeping for half an hour.

I left the bathroom, and returned to the living room where the couch was. Shota was there holding a bottle of water for me, and I grabbed it to take a huge gulp.

Shota has changed from his hero costume to a normal black shirt and grey pants. His scarf was still next to him, however.

"So you basically have PTSD," he suddenly said. "You should get some more sleep."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "After what I said about my nightmares and all that bullshit?"

He nodded. "I'll wake you if you start screaming."

I glared at him. "No."

He glared back. "You look more tired than ever. Are you sure sleeping longer doesn't make you more tired? The more nightmares you have in one nap, the more mentally worn out you could be."

He did make a good point. Before, if I slept for about 10 minutes every two weeks, I would be completely refreshed and ready. I only had a few minutes of nightmares in that short amount of time. On the other hand, sleeping for half an hour didn't help at all. I was still tired and drowsy. But....

"I literally can not sleep," I explained. "It's like... anxiety or depression. Keeps me up. Insomnia. I guess I'm just scared of the nightmares...."

"I have sleeping pills."

"You know those are bad for you." I suddenly had a realization. "Did you go through insomnia once? Is that why you're constantly sleeping and have sleeping pills?"

He shook his head annoyingly. "You think too much."

"You're not denying it."

"I'm not confirming it."

"...." I decided to trust the pro-hero. "Alright, I'll take the pills and never using them again. Wake me as soon as I start to dream."