Chapter 49

---[Shota Aizawa's POV]---

[Y/N] was still at Teikou, since she wanted to help clean up after yesterday's mess. After all, there were only three other waiters other than [BF/N], and there were a lot of people last night.

Meanwhile, I was texting Meleoron, who then gave me Tomura Shigaraki's contact number. I was able to text him then.

I needed to ask him something. Minus being a villain and assaulting heroes, he was a nice person, at least when [Y/N] was near. Other than those moments, we were enemies and I wouldn't hesitate to put him in jail for life despite his relationship with [Y/N].

You: hey, it's aizawa
Tomura Shigaraki: what do you want
Tomura Shigaraki: how'd you get this number
You: mel
Tomura Shigaraki: fucking chameleon

There was a long pause, and I had a feeling Meleoron was with him and was being assaulted.

Tomura Shigaraki: so what'd you want
You: wanted to ask you something
Tomura Shigaraki: and why me?
You: you're like a brother to [Y/N] right?
You: i'm proposing to her
Tomura Shigaraki: and why are you asking for my approval?
You: i read somewhere where you should ask the family members of the person you're proposing to for their consent
You: since her parents are dead, i thought i'd ask you
Tomura Shigaraki: go ahead
You: just like that?
Tomura Shigaraki: what else do you want me to say?
Tomura Shigaraki: i'm sure [Y/N] will accept your proposal
Tomura Shigaraki: not like i'm one to give advice on these topics
You: alright then

I turned off my phone. It was so much easier to ask on the phone rather than in person. Suddenly, I felt a vibrate from the phone. Turning it back on, I expected a text from Shigaraki, but it was from [Y/N].

[Y/N]: hey, can you pick me up?
[Y/N]: it's raining and i don't have an umbrella
You: sure
You: why are you texting btw
You: you could just call
[Y/N]: used to it, i guess

I sighed, then quickly got a large umbrella. My hair was in a bun and I decided to wear a casual civilian attire.

Walking to Teikou with the umbrella open with the rain pattered on the umbrella, I began wondering when I should propose. I spotted her talking to [BF/N] outside under the restaurant's overhang about something. I waved to her as I walked towards them.

"See ya, [BF/N]," [Y/N] said. "Hey, Shota."

I nodded, greeting her. [BF/N] glanced at me. "Hey, Shota, mind if I have a word with you?" I raised an eyebrow, but nodded again, confused.

We stood to the side, away from [Y/N] so she couldn't hear.

"You're proposing." [BF/N] said in a low voice straightaway.

"What?"

They handed me a small black box and winked at me. Looking inside, I saw a beautiful ring that looked exactly like the one I decided on with Hizashi and Nemuri before.

"How'd you know...?"

"A little birdie told me," [BF/N] said, smiling. "You look way nervous."

I awkwardly coughed. "Yeah...."

They gave me a thumbs up. "Good luck, then!" They laughed, then waved as me and [Y/N] left. I held the umbrella between the two of us, making sure it was covering her enough.

"What was that all about?" [Y/N] asked.

"You'll see."

She pouted and I turned away, my heart racing. The feeling was foreign despite the fact that me and [Y/N] were together for years.