Chapter 29

"I've always thought a date comes first, then the first kiss," I pondered out loud to Shota. We were waiting in the teacher's lounge for us teachers to fight the students for the exams.

Iida and Ojiro to finish battling Higari Majima, hero name: Power Loader. Shota was up next against Yaoyorozu and Todoroki. The other teachers were watching the fight on the other side of the room.

"I dunno, what even counts as a date?"

"Good point."

"You're dating?" Hizashi yelled, alerting the entire room of our existence. The other teachers looked at us-mainly Shota, actually-shocked. Some of them immediately started asking questions. I sighed. When had Hizashi appeared?

"You just had to yell it?" I asked.

"Whoops, sorry." Hizashi laughed awkwardly. "I was just very surprised."

"You're very surprised at everything."

"Anyways, I just wanted to let Shota know that his turn is up next."

Shota heard this and used it as an excuse to get away from the mass teacher media.It was really just Nemuri, Hizashi, and, surprisingly, Toshinori Yagi, All Might. He was in his less mighty form. The teachers focused on me now. I gave Shota a quick "Good luck" and turned to the questioning teachers.

"So you two are dating?" Nemuri asked with a sly smile on her face. I shook my head. I felt a bit awkward telling the other teachers about this.

"No, we were talking about whether or not firsts kisses is before first date or first date comes before first kiss." I looked over to the screen where it showed Yaoyorozu and Todoroki starting to fight Shota. "Speaking of kisses, and dates, this fight has nothing to do this that so I'm going to watch it.

The other teachers laughed at my awkwardness and decided to ask later, which I was thankful for. I really wanted to see how the fight turns out.

"It's surprising Shota would show affection at all," Toshinori said. "He barely shows it to his class."

"I know. He's such a kuudere." I laughed, Nemuri and the others following.

Thirteen turned to me. "Of course he is. He once saved Tsuyu from a villain at the USJ, despite being terribly injured. That shows how much he cares for his students. Though, his impressions on them aren't as welcoming." They turned back at the screen, pointing at when Shota was chasing Yaoyorozu. "He's even going easier on her, I believe."

"Yeah...." I felt a bit of guilt when she mentioned the USJ part.

"I knew you were perfect for each other when I saw you with him here yesterday!" Nemuri clapped her hands together and whispered, "If he hurts you, we'll get him back together!"

"Yeahhhhhh!" Hizashi yelled excitedly. "Good idea!"

"I'm sure he won't," Snipe said, still watching the fight but listening to us. "We're all good friends, yeah? We'll make sure of it."

We laughed. I was glad I was with such nice heroes.

When Higari came in and saw us laughing, he asked, "What'd I miss?"

Hizashi, of course, being the hyperactive loudmouth he is, told him everything about me and Shota.

Higari gave me a thumbs up with the claw-like finger gloves he had. "Glad he could find someone as good as you!"

I blushed. "Did we ever make it official?" I asked myself out loud. "The boyfriend-girlfriend thing." I added when they looked at me, confused.

"I mean, did you say 'I love you' and all that good stuff?" Nemuri asked.

"Um, yeah, Shota did...." Then I mentally slapped myself and groaned. "Oh no."

"What?"

"I never said it back to him!"

"Well then it's not official yet!" Nemuri yelled, slapping my back. "Go and tell him your feelings."

I nodded. Hizashi and Toshinori snickered, obviously entertained by the girl drama.

"They won!" Thirteen said. Then they stood up, walking to the door. "It's my turn next."

I wished them luck, and turned to the other teachers who had watched the fight between Yaoyorozu and Todoroki against Shota.

"The students won," Ectoplasm said to no one in particular. "They were surprisingly very strategic. At first they didn't really work together as well, but later they managed to work together and capture Shota."

"Wow," I said simply. To think that the students were able to take him down. I smiled to myself.

Shota soon came through the door, his face almost emotionless and tired as always, but this time a hint of proudness showed.

"You did an amazing job teaching them, Shota!" Hizashi slapped him on the back, congratulating him. "What ever did you teach them?"

"Oh, I didn't do anything. They taught themselves on how to work as partners."

I smiled. He was really good at hiding his affection for his students. "Oh, right, Shota!" I came up to him. Hizashi, Nemuri, and Toshinori looked at me expectantly. Instead of saying what they expected me to say, I ask, "How do you get your scarf and hair to float like that? Your quirk is Erasure, and levitation or anything like that."

The others sent a look of disappointment at me, but they were also interested in an answer to that question.

Shota shrugged. "I don't know actually. I think it's a side effect of my quirk to levitate whatever's near my face, and the scarf is right close enough."

"Ooh, lemme try!" I went up close to his face. "Activate it!"

"You're immune to quirks, remember?" Shota reminded me.

"Oh, right, darn." I pouted. "Oh well."

Since I was in right in front of his face, I gave him a peck on the lips before humming away.

He blushed a bit, not comfortable that I did that with the other teachers around and watching.

They 'aww'd at that and I gave an embarrassed laugh.

Soon after, Thirteen had fought Uraraka and Aoyama and it was my turn to fight Kaminari and Ashido.

They was supposed to be against Nezu, but he decided that I should take his place. I had only revealed my quirk to them yesterday, and I don't know what they had planned.

I put on the weights that the teachers had to wear as a handicapbefore going out the door.

"Good luck!" Nemuri called to me. I have her a thumbs up.