Chapter 24

It took a while without a quirk, but within 10 minutes I arrived at the school. It was around 3 in the afternoon, when the students and teachers had left and Nezu stayed to do... Nezu work.

Shota was a standing at the front entrance. I waved at him, calling his name. He nodded towards me, his usual, expressionless self back.

"They have an ID sensor now," Shota explained. "The voice thing may work though."

"[Y/N] [L/N]," I say to the voice box, and the gates swung open. I gave Shota a thumbs up.

"Great," Shota said. We walked in, the gates closing behind us.

"Y'know, I've always wondered why the gates were so big," I pondered. "Has there been any students that were, like, so big they barely fit through the front gate?"

"Not that I know of." He shrugged.

Suddenly, a small, bear-like, dog-like, mouse-like, white figure came running up to us as we were walking down the halls. It was the principal, Nezu.

Shota hesitated, then realized that he was not angry or sadistic. Instead, he was worried and looked ashamed.

"Shota!" he called. "I'm so sorry! I let myself be fooled so easily!"

Shota scratched the back his head. "What has happened? Were all the students and teachers affected by the quirk?"

Nezu looked confused. I spoke up. "Nezu doesn't know about the 'DDD' yet. We'll have to explain."

"Oh right...." Shota sighed. "This is gonna be a long explanation."

---\/---/\---\/---

"I see," Nezu mused. "So long story short: class 1A and all teachers were under this super powerful quirk spell thing that made us hate you and you were not allowed in and meanwhile [Y/N] was caught and you went to save her and succeeded and got the emotion person to stop and here we are?"

"...yes." Shota said. He had left out the part about working with the villains.

"Think of it as being drunk for a whole day; you can't remember and you did embarrassing stuff," I said.

Shota nodded. "I guess you could think of it that way. How are the students?"

"Aiko stopped right after the students left," I said. "After all, her quirk can only be used for so long and in a certain distance."

"We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see if they're back to normal," Nezu said cheerfully. "Oh, and Katsumi has left without a trace. I have no idea why I allowed him to come in the first place."

"Probably Aiko," I suggested. "Some substitute teacher thoughts or something."

"Hopefully the students haven't changed much...." Shota muttered. "They're in for a rant tomorrow about trust."

"What?" I fake gasped, putting my hand on my chest. "You know you love them, Shota. You have a soft spot for them."

He huffed, crossing his arm.

Nezu and I laughed. Nezu clapped his hands together. "I'll go explain this to the other teachers when they come, then."

"Yeah, thanks, Nezu," I said happily.

Shota and I walked to the teacher's lounge, looking to see if there were any other teachers around. There weren't, so we decided to just relax a bit before tomorrow.

"Shota," I called. "I didn't get to thank you before."

"For what?" Shota got out his eyedrops, putting a drop in his eyes.

"For saving me, what else?"

"Oh, you're welcome."

"Why'd you decide to help me, anyways?"

"Reasons."

"What reasons?"

"I'm a hero, [Y/N]. I'm supposed to save people."

"True, but in pretty sure that's not the only reason."

"You ask too many questions."

"You're not denying it."

"I'm not confirming it."

I laughed. "Fine, then. Be that way."