Chapter 7

I stared at the door after Aizawa closed it. He believes that I wasn't at the USJ but he doesn't believe that I'm quirkless?

I needed an excuse if he interrogates further, some kind of useless quirk. But how did he know?

I grabbed another bottle of water and left, thinking about this the whole way home.

My home was nothing special. It was small, with a bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and bedroom. It was about a 15-minute walk from the hideout and a 10-minute walk from the school.

Tomura or Kurogiri would come over every two weeks or so whenever I had to sleep. They were a big help, since if I slept, it would take forever for me to wake up. I would be stuck in a never-ending nightmare.

I wouldn't necessarily call it insomnia, since I could sleep when I absolutely needed to, but didn't want to.

---\/---/\---\/---

About a week passed and I was continuing teaching as a teacher. The U.A. Sports Festival had started, and the cavalry battle was beginning soon. Aizawa hadn't asked me about my quirk again, which was good, yet worrying. What was he planning?

No news came from Tomura, and I was tempted to go to the hideout to ask what he was planning. I had texted him about the situation, but got no reply.

But I had work to do. Hizashi had invited me to join him at the announcer's area, and I couldn't refuse. He and I were friends now, and he was a fun guy to work with, plus I could see everything from that area.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, scrolling through the news. Nothing exciting happened; just a few stories about the Hero Killer: Stain.

There was a lot of noises from around, the crowd of people talking and cheering people on. A short while later, people passed and failed left to right. Hizashi and Aizawa both made their comments and thoughts on the cavalry battle while I watched silently.

I was getting tired, for I needed sleep soon. Sitting in a chair wasn't helping either, as I yawned and waited. The battles were coming up soon, with about 16 people going against each other. This was a cruel, cruel word to force people to fight, just to see who's better.

"Hey, Mummy Man," I said, turning to Aizawa. It was Hizashi's nickname for him now, since he was covered in bandages. "How much sleep do you get each day?"

I asked out of pure curiosity and boredom, not expecting an answer.

"Including his naps? I think he sleeps all day between his school work and hero work!" Hizashi joked. "He spends his free time in the teacher's lounge to sleep. Once he slept over in here when no one woke him!"

Aizawa glared at him through the bandages. "At least I didn't have to walk here and be late."

Hizashi whispered-if he could whisper-to me, "He used to sleep in class when we were kids. He got in trouble multiple times for that."

I laughed at Aizawa death-glared at him.

Despite my past, being around heroes isn't that bad. Being a hero... not so much. Being a non-villain is fun.