Chapter 46

---[Shota Aizawa's POV]---

"C'mon, Shota," Hizashi pleaded. "Do it."

We were at his place after a patrol with him, and [Y/N] was taking a day off to go hang out with her friend at Teikou. It's been a few years since [Y/N] had woken from her coma and the students of class 1A were graduating highschool soon. Her insomnia and nightmares haven't stopped, but it has gone down a bit. She sleeps a lot more and the bags under her eyes disappeared.

There was no sign of the other villain trio in a while, but we were still on the lookout for them.

Hizashi was now non-stop asking me when I was going to propose to her. It's been on my mind for quite some time now, but I just didn't have the time nor confidence. Nor did I know how.

"You've been together for years now; it's time, Shota."

"That's what you've been saying the past few years," I grumbled, my mouth covered by my scarf. We sat down on his couch and Hizashi laughed.

"If you don't do it, I'll tell her that you want to marry her."

"No."

"Then do it!"

"...Give me some time, then."

"If you have a wedding I can be the best man!"

"How do you know so much about weddings and proposing?"

"I don't know about weddings, actually, I just know that there's a thing called best man." He laughed as I rolled my eyes. "But I do know a few things about proposing."

"How?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hizashi awkwardly scratched the back of his head, flustered. "A few fans tried to propose to me."

"And how did you turn them down?" I scoffed.

"Uhhh.... I didn't? Other fans tried to get my autograph before I could reply to them. Then I never saw them again. I think."

"What a great idol you are."

"I know right!"

I glared at him. It was obvious sarcasm but he chose to ignore it. "What if she turns me down?"

"I'm sure she won't."

I groaned, annoyed. Coming back after patrolling and having Hizashi ask me these things was a real pain. "I don't even know how to propose. I'm not into the formalities and stuff."

"Just look it up online. Oh, you can also give her a gift along with a ring!"

"...Gift?"

"I dunno, maybe a cat? Cats make everyone's day. You love them, don't you?"

I shrugged, thinking about that. A gift....

"It's meow or never, Shota."

I glared at him.

"Stay pawsitive."

"You're kidding me right now?"

"Do you mean... kitten you right now?" He finger gunned me with a large smile on his face.

Ignoring all that, I got up to go to his kitchen to grab a drink. Coming back, I said, "I feel like she already knows what I'm going to do."

"That's a pawsibility."

"Stop."

He pouted at my pessimism, but sighed. "Fine. Be that way. When did you start thinking about proposing to her?"

"Quite a few times, years ago, actually."

"As much as you fuck?" He gave a sly smirk at me.

"Don't." I scowled at him. "Despite you being an adult, I can't believe how childish you are."

He pouted once again, saying that it wasn't childish, then continued to ask questions.

"What are you going to say to her?"

"What do you mean?"

"When proposing, you're supposed to say how much you love her and why." Hizashi continued to explain what he knew about proposing, which was a surprising amount. "You should set up a time and place that you know she'll like."

"I want it to be a surprise, but I don't think that'll work if she already suspects it."

"Then do it when she's not expecting it," Hizashi suggested. "You can do it where you first met or fell in love, or the place of your first date or first kiss, or-"

"I'm not good with surprises," I interrupt. "Plus, I don't even know if her brotherly friend will approve."

"Then ask him."

"Hizashi, how many romance novels do you read?"

"Quite a few." His face turned a bit red. "Plus a few fan fictions about me."

"I'm sure those are quite interesting."

"Yes.... Very." He gave a nervous laugh. "Why'd you ask that?"

"Things are easier said than done."

He suddenly had a look that I did not like. It was the Hizashi look; the I-have-a-great-idea-look. "Nemuri is experienced with dates, proposing, and weddings, I'll invite her over and we can teach you how to do stuff!"

I immediately shake my head, but it was too late as he took out his phone and dialed her number. I leaned back, covering my face with my arm. Why do I have friends like these?

"She's coming over!" Hizashi said after a few minutes.

"Great...." More people to bother me. I just wanted to go home and sleep now.

"Are you feline good about this, Shota?"