Chapter 37

A/N: [BF/N]- Best friend name, since they can be male or female, I'll use the they/them pronouns.

---<>---><---<>---

The 5 of us played games until it got late. We played childhood games, which brought back a lot of nostalgia for the other teachers, but not for me. I didn't have anyone to play with when I was younger. I wasn't sure for Meleoron, but he seemed to have a lot of fun and got along with the others well.

We got to visit Hizashi's and Nemuri's homes, just for the fun of it. All the while the other three wouldn't stop teasing me and Shota.

We ended at Shota's house, where we said our goodbyes. It was still light out, and Shota told me to change back to the nice outfit I had on in the morning.

"If I dress nice, you'll have to, too," I said teasingly. I knew Shota didn't like to dress up formally, but this was a special occasion. The first actual 'date' night. A morning breakfast isn't as romantic as a dinner.

After changing in the bathroom, you walked out and waited for Shota. Pretty soon, he walked out of his room in a suit and his hair in a neat bun, making him the handsomest man you've seen, and you the most beautiful woman he's seen. You two were a perfect pair.

"Seeing you the second time... and you're still so beautiful," Shota breathed.

"And you're as handsome as ever in a suit and that cute bun." I kissed him and hugged his arm. "Thanks for taking me on a date."

"I'm not even sure if today is even considered a date anymore." Shota laughed, then hooked his arm to mine. "Ready?"

I nodded, and we walked out with our arms hooked and fingers intertwined.

It was light out, the sun still setting. It was a beautiful shade of orange and red and pink, and I marveled at the colors. "Shota, where exactly are you taking me?"

"A restaurant," he said lazily.

"There's your lazy voice again." I giggled. "Why not a car or something?"

"We wouldn't enjoy the view."

"True."

A few minutes passed as we kept walking, and finally we came to a restaurant. "Here we are," Shota said. "Teikou."

"Hold on a moment...." I rushed in, pulling Shota's arm.

Looking in, I saw that the rest of the restaurant was empty for some reason. Near a desk, I saw a familiar face.

"Oh. My. God." I looked to my boyfriend in amazement. "Shota. You did not."

Shota only smiled at me, then walked up to the person. When he did, they noticed us.

"[Y/N]! they exclaimed. It was [BF/N]. They were happily waving to you. You came up to them in disbelief. "Hold on a moment," they said. They went through a door at the back.

While waiting, you and Shota sat down at a table. "Shota," you say slowly.

"Yeah?"

"Explain."

"So, when you mentioned your best friend, [BF/N], and the Anteiku when I met you, I decided to track them and the manager, who was their dad, down. They mean a lot to you, after all. I found that they had came back here and started a restaurant, the Teikou. I managed to contact them and they said they would love to see you again. They opened this tonight just for us."

"Oh, Shota," I whispered. "You didn't have to do this." I leaned in to kiss him, thanking him.

A few moments later, [BF/N] came out with [Manager/Name] following behind. "[Y/N]! It's so good it see you again!"