Soldier!Italy x Soldier!M!Reader: Golden Rings

“Italy! You idiot! You could've been killed!” You bark at the other nation, but you search him anyways, worry in your voice as you make sure he's not too hurt. To your relief the playful Italian comes running up to you, giving you a big hug. Trying to distract you from yelling at him. “You have to be careful! This isn't a game...” You sigh as he gives a soft 've’ and looks up at you.

“But Big Brother France would never hurt me! Even if we're at war!” Feli protests, pouting as he puffs his cheeks out a little. He looks away, huffing softly. “I'm not a little kid _____, I can take care of myself…” He mumbles, his curl drooping a little as he didn't like getting in trouble. Especially with you. He would much rather be yelled at by Germany.

You sigh softly, returning the hug. “But still… It's still dangerous… And I would be devastated if something happens to you.” You mumble, kissing his forehead. A soft smile coming to your face when Feli’s curl bounced back up, crinkled up in a happy heart.
“Come on, let's get back to the camp. I can make us some spaghetti.” You say with a soft smile, chuckling when Feli’s cheered happily. He nodded eagerly, grabbing your hand. You smile, intertwining your fingers with the smaller males. He looked up at you, giggling softly before kissing your cheek. You hum gently, returning the loving peck before you both started towards the camp.

The war had started almost overnight, though it was inevitable with all the tension that had been collecting over the years. Before you knew it, the world was against your closests friends Germany, Italy, and Japan. Your adoptive brother, Bach, insisted that you stay out of this Second World War. But when Feliciano, your boyfriend for nearly ten years, decided to join forces with Germany, you really had no choice. Feli wasn't exactly the brightest, his child-like behavior cause him to get hurt. Just like now.

Minutes after an intense battle with the Allies, he runs off, wanting you to play hide and seek. You spent nearly fifteen minutes trying to find him, crossing over into enemy territory searching for him. You were scared half to death he was captured or worse. Face down in the mud. But relief washed over you when you found him near a thick patch of bushes that seemed to be being avoided by the Allies.

You loved Italy with all your heart. If something were to happen to him. You would never forgive yourself.

You held Feli’s hand protectively as he slowly skipped beside you, babbling one of his nonsense songs. You usually tuned them out. And you were. You were thinking about what you were going to do once you get back to the campground. Your heart raced at the thought of it.

In the breast pocket of your mud and blood stained uniform was a small golden ring. The ring small and shiny. But big enough to fit on Feliciano’s ring finger perfectly. An engagement ring. Yours and Feli’s first initials were carving inside the band, something you had been working on at nights while everyone slept. You being thankful that Feli was a deep sleeper.

You were so eager to ask the bubbly Italian to marry you. You had gotten a few months before the war started, planning to ask him. However when the war started, you knew it was t the best timing. But you just couldn't wait any longer! The ring was the proposal was always on your mind. What you were going to say, what you were going to do beforehand and afterwards, and how Feliciano would react. Well tonight was the night you were going to figure all of this out.

You felt a tug on your hand, your attention being drawn back to the Italian beside you. You tilt your head down, smiling at him. “Yes Feliciano?” You ask, running your thumb over his fragile knuckles. He blushes slightly, looking up at you with his honey brown eyes. Something he rarely showed people.

“Ti amo~” He says before kissing your cheek and nuzzling your side, walking awkwardly so he could keep his face stuffed into your side. You chuckle, rubbing his shoulder lovingly to show you loved him back. You could feel him smile.

Hetalia X Male Reader Oneshots: Love From Around The WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara