Young!France x Older!Injuried!M Reader x Child!England: Together

"Ow! Be careful you frog!" A small, tiny Arthur whined, puffing his cheeks out. He flinched when ever Francis would wrap one of his wounds. The petite, long haired Frenchman chuckled, using the last of bandage on the Brits scuffed cheek.
"Well maybe if you'd stop being a brat towards your brothers, they would stop spanking you." Francis said with a grin, poking the shorter haired blonde in the head. Arthur huffed.

"I'll show them big bullies! Especially that big air headed ginger Alistair!" He spat, crossing his arms. Francis rolled his eyes, booping the other in the head. Arthur whined and held his head, popping his bottom lip out.
"Ow!! You ass!" He sniffles. Francis rolled his eyes and sighs.
"Sorry..." He apologized, sitting beside his frenemy.

The two sat quietly for a few moments, taking in the sights and sounds of the woodland around them. Arthur shifted.
"Francis... Do you think I'll be a strong country like my brothers one day?" He asks, looking up at him. The Frenchman chuckled, pieces of his silky hair falling into his eyes as he looked at him.
"Oui... If they don't kill you first!" The lighter haired blonde laughed uncontrollably, causing Arthur to shake his head.

"You're intolerable..." He mumbled, looking away from the girlish male. That's when the Brit noticed something, or rather someone, in the distance, laying in the thick foliage a few yards away. He tensed, clamping a hand over Francis's mouth which made him growl. Arthur rose a finger to his lips before pointing towards the figure, both looking over.

"Mon dieu... Who could that be?" Francis asked, slowly getting up with Arthur in his arms. Arthur doesn't answer as he lightly clings to the Francis, watching the figure for any movement as they started to move closer. The forest now completely quiet as if watching with anticipation.

The closer they moved to the body, the more was revealed to them. The first thing they saw was the dusty and dented silver plate armor that covered them nearly from head to toe. The only part missing from completing the gear was the helmet, which revealed the persons mess of sweat, blood, and mud stained (h/c) hair that cascaded over their face. It was a soldier. They had seen many, being countries and all, but never alone. They always traveled in packs, like wolves, roaming the streets as war had not plagued their countries, yet. But war did burn in surrounding countries, meaning their other friends were unable to see them.

The soldier was clearly unconscious, and had been for a few days as the grass under him had turned a dying yellow. There was no sign of blood, much to Francis's relief. He didn't want little Artie to see a dead person at this young age. Francis sat Arthur down when they were only a few feet away, eyes still locked on the body. Arthur, being young and curious, went over to the soldier. He touched the deformed metal which was extremely cold to the touch. The swipes of his finger took some of the dirt away. Arthur grinned childishly as he drew the picture of a bunny among the grim. Francis chuckles and shakes his head, smiling a little. Arthur looked up at him, eyes beaming as he giggles.

The giggles quickly ceased when the man groaned, screams leaving both the Brit and Frenchie. Arthur fled to hide behind Francis's legs, shakes racking over his body. Francis was still but his stomach churned and his mouth grew dry, his eyes locked on the sudden animated soldier.

The said soldier was slowly getting up, groans and hisses of pain came from his mouth as his armor creaking with each movement. He was soon on his hands and knees, body trembling as he struggled to do so. There was a crash when his body gave out, flattening back out on the ground. The two nations winced as it sounded painful.

"... In... Ain... Pain..." He mumbled, his voice cracking as he struggled to speak. He winced, groaning a little as a cough racked through his body. He repeated the word again, a little weaker this time. He did this at least two more times before he could no more, his chest heaving as he laid still on the ground. His gloved hands weakly clenching the earth under them. All the while, the two friends watched, baffled.