The Axis X Chubby!Shy!Male Reader: Here's My Number (Berlin's Ending)

"I don't know what to do..." You mumbled softly to yourself, hugging your pillow. Something just seemed off about the note, but you didn't know what. The hand writing seemed a tad bit rushed and uncaring, yet it held meaning.

You read over it once again, twice, three times, memorising the small, freely written letters. It definitely wasn't a guys hand writing, just by looking at the size and how neat it was. Your eyes lingering on the number, each new set of letters spaced out.

You sighed softly, squeezing your pillow. You debated for nearly an hour before finally calling the person. You waited anxiously, your face turning red with each ring.

Your ears ringed as you thought of the conversation you were about to have. Would the person be nice? Maybe mean, or energetic? Or maybe they were shy and quiet like you... You really hoped it was the last one.

The minute slowly seemed to tick by, time seeming to slow down. You were surprised when no one picked up. You heard the robotic voice telling you that the person you are calling is unavailable, and please leave a message after the beep. You didn't.

You tried to call again and the same thing happened, and you tried again. You did this nearly a dozen times before giving up. Only because your phone died.

You were almost in tears, sliding down your soft cheeks. You made a small sound of confusion when you realized this. You scowled yourself for being so soft. You whipped your eyes with a soft sigh, laying back in bed.

You stared at the ceiling for a little while before your eyes became heavy. You rolled over a bit, putting your phone on its charger. Once placing it on your nightstand, you flopped back down.

You pulled your warm (f/c) blanket up around you, nuzzling into your pillows. It didn't take you long to fall asleep, the thought of the note and number being a prank lingered in your mind.

~~~~~

"_____, do you mind putting up the sign?" Laura asked you, slowly finishing up the last of the dishes.

"No, I don't mind..." You said softly, finishing the table you were whipping off. You placed the rag down on the table beside it, still having more than half to clean.

It was a lazy Saturday evening, the last of the customers finally leaving. The rambunctious teenagers and such most likely enjoying a party and a few drinks, using their weekend to the fullest.

Though you had to work, you were glad that none of usually tormentors came today. Now it was time to close up, even if the café closed at 8 and it was only 7:30, who would really complain about getting off work early?

You went behind the counter, bending down to retrieve the sign. Right when your fingers touched the cold metal, a familiar bell rang. You froze, setting the sign back down. You slowly went back straight, looking at the door.

A tall figure stood in front of the closing door. You couldn't see their face, a black hoodie pulled over there face. They peered from under the hood, scanning the café before they looked at you. There eyes quickly looked away, looking down at your feet.

They seemed to hesitate before slowly walking up to the counter, sitting on one of the plush stools near you. They looked down at the oak counter, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

You just kind of stared at the person in awe, before Laura came out. She stopped in her tracks, eyes going wide.

"Oh! We still have one? Well, I'm glad I don't finish all the dishes just get. What would you like, hon?" She asked, giving a soft smile.

"Um... If you wouldn't mind, I would like a few pieces of German Chocolate cake and (f/cake flavor). Please." They said, their voice sounding familiar but you didn't know where from.