François x M!Reader: That Three Lettered Word

François was never really a good cook. Mostly because he doesn't try. He rarely cooked and that was if he was absolutely starving. Even then he would usually order pizza or get some take out. It was unhealthy but it was food at least in the Frenchman's mind. François was sure that since he couldn't cook, he was sure as hell knew that he couldn't bake. It was more complicated and complex. Two things that he didn't like. But he was sure as hell was going to try though. Even if he was going to fail miserably.

The Frenchman was lazily searching through the cabinets and cupboards, looking for what he needed to make a cake. Not just any ordinary cake but a birthday cake. And not just an ordinary birthday cake but a fabulous birthday cake. Or at least he would try it fabulous.

Francoise let out a stream of smoke, grunting as he pulled a silver mixing bowl from the cupboard. It was most likely something Oliver had gotten you at some point since you both loved to name. He looked at his reflection on the bowl, wondering why he didn't think about buying it for you. This made a sour expression twist on his face, knowing that he wasn't a really thoughtful boyfriend. And he was also positive that he wasn't handsome.

His dirty blonde hair was like rat tails, pulled back in a messy ponytail with a few stubborn strands falling in his dark violet orbs. Dark, nasty bags under his eyes that competed with the growing wrinkles on his face. He blew out another stream of smoke, smacking the image off the pan.

"This should be a good baking pan." He grumbled with a shrug, guessing that the bowl was using for baking the batter. He sat it aside before continuing to search for the things he needed. Or rather what he thought he needed. He didn't know what he needed exactly, he was just shooting in the dark and hoped he was right about most of it.

About an hour later François had what he needed, or what he thought that he needed. He had about six mixing bowls, a dozen measuring spoons, a couple of table spoons, three dozen eggs, a stick of butter, a half gallon of milk, vegetable oil, a box of cake mix, and some (f/c) icing. Yep, that looked about right. François snuffed out his cigarette merely to start another, throwing the cigarette butt over his shoulder.

"Time to get to work." He sighed, looking at the time. He had two hours to bake the cake and everything before you got home from work. He also had to wrap your present that he seemingly forgot where he had put it so he had to find it. Hopefully that was enough time.

François pulled his hair out of its halfass ponytail, letting his hair fall. He grunted, getting a large waft of old cigarettes, a smell he despised though the whole house reeked of it. It wasn't down long before he put it back up again, hating that his hair tickled his neck.

François then set his mind on doing nothing but the cake that needed to be done soon. It was already four and you would be home by six so it needed to be done quick. But he didn't know what to do first besides the cake batter, so that's what he was going to do. He began to measure​, pour, mix, and add stuff into a large bowl until he thought he had enough. The bowl was nearly filled to the brim, making it impossible to properly mix everything together.

But François was able to do it somehow, only spilling some of it. As he mixed, the once yellow cake powder was a dark, sickly green. It looked rather disgusting...

François didn't put much thought into it and began pouring the odd green colored liquid into a baking pan. Not only was it a dark green color, it also smelled weird. François hummed, shrugging before continuing to fill the cake pan. He filled it full, not knowing that it would expand when it was added to the oven.

François sighed softly, craving another cigarette, before moving to put the cake in the oven. He hadn't preheated it yet, but did that really matter? He cranked it to 375°F. Yeah, that sounded good. He set the time for an hour to give it enough time to bake. And with that, François went off to take a nap before you got home.