Chapter 17

Grace's POV

It felt like a void was swallowing me whole. I couldn't believe that everyone was doing this, they all lied to me. They kept this secret from me, even my best friend Mel. How could she do this to me. Was I some game to them? A toy they could play with? 

Entering the room that Spencer loaned me I grabbed my bag and placed all my clothes all inside quickly. Grabbing my phone I scheduled an Uber to pick me up. The driver would be here in 10 minutes and I couldn't wait. I was leaving this place, I couldn't handle this deceit. 

A knock sounded on the door once I was finished pacing my bag. Glancing at the door I see Mel open it and glance at me and my bag with concern in her eyes. "What are you doing Grace?" 

"You all deceived me and lied to me. I can't be here. Let me ask you though... Do you like him?"

She looked at me acting appalled. I could see the guilt hidden in here eyes. "No of course not Grace." She stutters out. 

"Be honest with me Mel." 

She looks away in shame. "Yes I like him... Why do you have to act this way? He was messaging you, not me. I didn't even know until we were at the apartment. I told him that I like Logan though."

"Yeah let me guess you tried to get him to like you through jealousy? I'm your friend Mel. I know what you're like. You try to use other men to get what you want from the man you actually like."

"Wow Grace. I didn't know you thought so low of me." She mutters as she stares at me with sadness. "Where are you going? You know it isn't safe for you."

"I'm leaving, I'm going to take care of myself, and be on my own from now on. I need to step out on my own two feet especially if I'm going to keep this child. You all won't have to worry about me any further."

Spencer and Logan appeared behind Mel right as soon as I finished my sentence. 

"Grace you can't be serious right now. It's not safe for you." Checking the time I notice that the Uber will be here in 5 minutes. 

"Look, I'm a big girl. In more than one way." I spit out with bitterness. "If I'm going to keep this child I need to branch out on my own. I need to stop being a 'Damsel in Distress', thank you all for treating me with kid gloves." 

"Grace, calm down, don't do anything drastic." Spencer begs me practically.

Looking at them I shoot them all dagger filled glares and push my way through them to the front door. 

"Grace, please don't do this. It's not safe." Mel whines. 

Now they care, now they worry about me and my safety and feelings after they have all lied to me. 

Looking out the window I see the car pulling down the drive. "Look, forget about me, Mel feel free to be with whoever you like. I won't be standing in your way. Spencer, now you don't have to pity me or pretend to care. Go be with some pretty model like Mel and be happy. Logan, I appreciate you getting everyone to come clean, I'm still not happy that any of you lied to me." 

Exiting the house I climb into the Uber and tell him to take me to the closet motel. I will hide out there while looking for a new place. I will give Mel my notice of moving out and give her two months rent to cover until she can find someone else to replace me. 

I think maybe I could find a nice house to buy. I have my inheritance from my parents death, I just preferred not to use it, hoping to keep it as a nice nest egg for the future. I guess it will work perfectly for what I need. 

Once the Uber dropped me off at the motel I checked in and once in the room everything hit me at once as the numbness wore off. I could hardly breath, I felt as if I was being suffocated as I practically choked on all my tears. I wouldn't let this consume me though. I would wallow in my self pity for tonight, then come tomorrow I would get up and look out for me and this baby. 

Laying in bed I felt everything out. I let the emptiness consume me, and I took a nap. 

A few hours later around two in the afternoon I awoke with a start. Panicking I checked all around me and calmed down once I realized where I was. Once I was more awake I went to the shower to freshen up before I started out my journey to independence. 

Once I was out of the shower I made a list. 

1. OBGYN Appointment. 

2. Call Realtor. 

3. Car Dealership. 

4. Buy a vehicle. 

5. Call Bank to send 2 months of rent to Mel. 

6. Call Mel and inform her of the decision. 

7. Begin house search. 

8. Be independent. 

Once I made my list I pulled my laptop out and started looking for the best OBGYN in town and started making calls to set up appointments. I was able to make an appointment for next Monday at 1 pm. Once I was done setting up the appointment I started looking for a realtor. 

Browsing through them all I looked for the highest rated one and scheduled an appointment to discuss what I'm looking for on Friday at 2 pm. 

Looking online I get an Uber once more and decide to head over to the car dealership to start looking for a car. I can't constantly depend on these Uber's. I used to be able to walk everywhere especially since I worked from home three quarters of the time.  

Once I arrived at the dealership I began to browse the vehicles looking for something for the future. I will need to have something that's practical for me and the baby, in order to make sure that I have room and safety covered. 

After shopping around I decide to lease out a Chevy Equinox which was awarded the most dependable for 2018 and rated 5 stars on safety. I was happy with the decision and once I finished all the paperwork I headed back tot the motel. 

By the time I was done at the dealership it was around 7 pm and I wanted to eat, curl up and watch a movie and go to bed. Heading over to a Chinese restaurant I grab some food and head to the motel to eat some food and curl up in bed and relax.  

How do you guy's feel about Grace and her actions? 

What do you think is going to happen? 

What do you think of all that's been revealed. 

1,140 words :)

If your looking for a great book that's completed head on over to check out 

Bruises and Scars Emofly39

The story is about the abuse that a girl faces in her relationship with a popular football star. Check out how she overcomes the trauma and situation. Head on over to take a look at Bruises and Scars by EmoFly39.