Change

****Abbey's POV****

I know they had desert in my last chapter but I'm going to do it again.

After finishing up with the main course I made my way inside to find where Laura had gone off to as she looked really upset.

"Hey hun what happened?" I asked and gave her a hug.

"He basically said he doesn't want to be with someone when he doesn't know where we stand and he'd be walking on egg shells with me. I don't know what to do anymore."

"Has He said it's over then?"

"Pretty much. He just said he couldn't do it anymore and then I stormed off. It's happened to me again."

"Oh Laura. I can assure you you've done nothing wrong."

"Yeah But I did end it with him and now I look like a child trying to get back with him."

"You look like someone who's realised what they've lost. You've done nothing wrong."

"Thanks." She said. "Now come on let's go and finish up our meals."

We made our way back outside and I sat down waiting for Adam to come over.

"What do you have for me then?" I asked.

"It's a banoffee pie. I heard you say to someone that you liked it and I wanted to impress you."

"That's really sweet." I told him. "Did you heard about Jack and Laura?"

"Yeah. In some ways I feel sorry for Laura but then I feel like you can't expect anything else from Jack."

"I understand completely where he's coming from but then I can also see why she would be upset."

"It's just not a very good situation is it." He said. "So have you thought about he outside?"

"Of course. So I know you live in Newcastle and I live in London so that's going to be hard."

"As long as we promise to make time for each other then it will work. I work free lance so if things do get serious outside then I can come down there."

"I wouldn't expect you to do that for me."

"I wouldn't want to do that though if we continued in the way we are right now."

"You're so cute."

"Do you think your parents would like me?"

"I think my mum would love you. Just because of that charming nature that you have but then my dad would be a bit wary. He'd love you in the end though."

"I want to make a good impression on him."

"You will and he'll be able to see how much you care for me. Do you think your parents will like me?"

"One hundred percent. They've been waiting for a daughter and now you come along. My mum is the type of Mum who will take you shopping and you'll be her new spa buddy."

"I can't wait."

"Thanks for tonight." He said and gave me a kiss.

"No thank you. You've prepared it all."

"Well I had some help from the others but I'll say it was me."

****

I made my way to bed that night and found Jack in the shower room.

"Are you alright with me?" He asked. "I know your friends with Laura."

"Yeah. Of course I feel sorry for Laura because she's been put in this position but I have to respect your choice."