"Good morning Professor Sprout." the second years said.

"Welcome to the Greenhouse, second years! Now gather around, everyone! Today we are going to repot Mandrakes. Now who here, can properly tell me how to pull the root of these Mandrakes." Professor Sprout said.

Hermione shot her hand straight up.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" Professor Sprout said.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is a powerful restorative. It is used to return people who have been transfigured or cursed, to their original state." Hermione said proudly.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor" said Professor Sprout.

Draco was irritated by Hermione's straight out of the textbook response and was even more annoyed that they earned points. He looked at Maurelle, expecting to step up her game so they can win house points.

"Maybe you should open up a textbook, then we can earn some points." Maurelle muttered to him.

"The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes. It is also, however, dangerous. Who can tell me why?" Professor Sprout said.

Hermione shot her hand up once again, but Maurelle was too quick. "The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it" she said.

"That is correct, Ms. Freya! Ten points to Slytherin." said Professor Sprout.

Hermione sighed for she was too slow, while Draco was smirking like an idiot.

"Your welcome" she said mockingly to Draco.

"Now, as our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However they will knock you out for several hours, and as I'm sure none of you want to miss your first day back, make sure your earmuffs are securely in place while you work. " she grabbed her earmuffs, "Everyone, take a pair of earmuffs. And will you please put them on."

Everyone wore their earmuffs and watched Professor Sprout's demonstration.

"Now, you want to firmly grip your Mandrake, and you pull it straight out of your pot." She said as the baby Mandrake screeched loudly.

Even though everyone had earmuffs on, it still sounded unpleasant.

"Then place it on to a new pot, and sprinkle it with soil." Professor Sprout continued.

Neville couldn't take anymore of the cries of a Mandrake and fainted on the floor.

"Longbottom has been neglecting his earmuffs." Professor Sprout said.

Draco and his gang were laughing at him, so Maurelle smacked the back of his head.

"No, ma'm. He just fainted." Seamus said.

"Oh yes, well, just leave him there then." Professor Sprout said, so everyone went back to the lesson, "Right. On we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up!"

Everyone pulled their Mandrake, trying to bear the cries.

Draco was playing with his, tickling it. His Mandrake ended up biting his finger, struggling for hm to take it out.

"Aww, good Mandrake." Maurelle said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group was in the Great Hall on their break, before heading off to their next class.

Maurelle went over to the Gryffindor's table, sitting with Harry and them.

"Hello everyone." Maurelle said.

"Hey" They all said.

"How were you able to arrive to Hogwarts.?" Harry said.

"Floo powder." Maurelle said.

"Why didn't you tell us that before?!" Ron said.

"Well, I didn't realize it till I went back home. It was last minute really, a desperate attempt that actually worked out." Maurelle said.

"Well, at least you got here safely. But now Ron and I have to face detention." Harry said.

"I think detention is the least of your worries. You're lucky to even be here. You know what, scratch what I said before, you are even more lucky to have Professor McGonagall as head of your House. Snape would have had me expelled if he saw me doing what you guys did, even me just transporting here by Floo powder can get me in big trouble with him." Maurelle said.

"We know. He caught us that night." Harry said.

"Good thing, Dumbledore was right on time. I swear Snape could've killed us." Ron said.

"I mean I know he is scary, but he isn't that of a monster." Maurelle chuckled.

Ron kept taping up his wand, "Just say it. I'm doomed." 

"You're doomed." Harry said.

Maurelle giggled when all of a sudden a first year came up to them.

"Hi Harry!" a boy said as the flash of his camera blinded them for a sec.

"I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too!" he said.

"Hi Maurelle!" and the flash of his camera flickered once again.

"Pleasure..to meet..you." Maurelle said slowly as she tried to gain her sights back.

"Nice to meet you, Colin." Harry added.

"Ron, is that your owl?" one of the Gryffindor's interrupted.

The owl's screech echoed in to the hall. Errol tried landing in front of them, but ended up crashing into the bowl of chips. It caught all of the students attention, making them laugh.

"Bloody bird's a menace." Ron grabbed the letter from Errol's beak.

Ron's expression changed and he was worried, "Oh no!" he said.

Harry and Maurelle were confused, Seamus seemed to point it out to everyone, "Look, everyone. Weasley's got himself a Howler."