(Chapter 03) Of this fake love

Start from the beginning

They wanted to force something good into him one last time before his body shut down for good, before he would be weak and battling to stay alive.

But even just touching the tea to his lips had left a bitter, disgusting flavor in his mouth that made Jungkook want to gag.

He tried to hold it in his mouth but the manager had pulled the mug away from him and said, "No, it's too late. It won't do you any good if that's how you're reacting."

Then Jungkook blinked and couldn't hold the manager's eyes, or even Seokjin's eyes, as they silently accused him with their gaze for being recklessly dangerous, for risking his life by not reaching out to anyone for an entire night.

And now it had been entire day, too, melting into another night as he dozed in and out, trying to spare his body energy.

"It's going to be okay, Kookie. We're not letting you go," whispered the noona who wiped his right arm gently yet again, the towel soaked through with warm water.

She had kind eyes, and had always acted like a big sister to him.

"I know," he replies.

Taehyung was by the foot of the sofa, his brows drawn in worry, but he forced a smile as soon as Jungkook looked at him.

Jimin sat on the floor beside Taehyung, resting against the wall.

Jin and Namjoon were in the living room, occasionally speaking on the phone.

Hoseok and Yoongi poured over a chart with management, locking down all the possible ways Jungkook could have touched someone yesterday.

He knew, though, that it was just the concert.

The one moment he'd reached out and changed his life.

That was the only time yesterday he had touched anyone new.

He'd told them so, and they had cars sent out already to track down every person who was in the standing rock zone by the stage yesterday.

Yoongi pointed angrily at a square in the spreadsheet.
"It doesn't matter if she's on a plane, they need to radio the pilots and tell them to turn her back. It's a matter of life and death."

A manager who was trying to talk on the phone sighed and replied, "That girl didn't even get near the stage the entire concert."

"What about this one?" Yoongi stabbed at another square. "This one that posted online about having touched Jungkook's hand."

"We already told her the truth about his bonding because she confirmed having touched him. She's got no symptoms and has checked thoroughly for bruises. It can't be her."

"She could be lying," Yoongi seethed.

"Why would anyone lie about this? They will die too if they don't meet Jungkook," Namjoon cut in.

"No one would lie. We have to focus on the people we haven't reached and haven't already received a negative answer from," the manager says, before returning to his phone call and this time taking it to the foyer.

"It'll be easy because it was a fan, Jungkook," Jimin tilts his face so Jungkook can see him even from a lying down position.

"A fan would be happy to meet you again. So don't worry."

"I know," Jungkook replies automatically to someone for the 30th time today.

Calm voice, racing heart, lies.

Sip.

----------------------------------------

Hi ARMY!

I promise the soulmates will meet soon!

Please leave me a comment <3

-------------------------------------------