I frowned as I left Nan babbling to herself, she would have my hide when she realized I snuck off again while she was cheerfully talking. Telling me how un-luna like it was.

That was the thing though. I never wanted to become a Luna, an Alpha Female. Never in a million years would I have thought this is where I would be at 20 Springs old.

It is uncommon for two of the same lineage to become united, usually most mated coupled are at random. Just because I had Alpha blood running through my veins didn't guarantee I had an Alpha mate.

If we're honest I hadn't wanted one.

As much as a hard ass as I may seem, I wanted a mate. I wanted someone to call mine and be theirs in a way only mates can be.

But my Alpha mate didn't want me.

I could have lived a happy life with an Omega, but instead, I must live in torture from this beast.

Perhaps when I go back to Callisto I will make a proposition to Max. He didn't have a mate, he was a turned. It was extremely rare they didn't have a mate besides a chosen. And while he may be very much older than me, he was ruggedly handsome. His Lycan genes helping in his slow aging.

Maybe I could be happy after all, not as much as I could have been if my mate loved me, but much more so than what I'm living with right now.

I would have to share this new discovery with Olympia, the only one who called me and kept me in touch with what was going on at home.

She would probably be the only one to not think I was absolutely insane to move on from my destined mate.

But what else was I to do but move on, sit there and pine after him? I think not.

The bag in front of me swung on the chains holding it to the ceiling as my breathing was becoming labored at the efforts of swings. The pleasurable burning in my arms feeling like a lick of fire to my soul.

I didn't need a mate.

I repeated the mantra in my head as my beast stayed quiet. She understood where I was coming from, angry at her mate for not coming and being with her when he was so close.

She knew the pain we were being put through now was nothing compared to being separated from him after the Ball.

My beast was a part of me, so during the long restless nights, I know it isn't just her who wishes we were weaker and would have died as the third day passed and he wasn't by our side as we slowly rotted inside out.

Deep down, I knew I had wanted death as well.

And maybe I still do.

My knuckles ached within the confines of the tape around then as I swung my fists out in controlled swings, control that was slipping the more my mind wandered.

Why didn't he want me? Was I that repulsing that even though he couldn't see me, he pushed away from the thought of me. Was there someone els-?

No. My beast snarled at me from inside the confined sharing space of our head.

She didn't like where my thoughts were taking us, she and his beast were bonding, painfully slow might I add, because of the distance the two of us still have.

There wasn't enough recovery for our souls to make as they tried to mend themselves together while conjoining together.

My knuckled shifted painfully, the bones grinding against one another as I dropped my fists, sweat beading on my skin as I looked at the bag in front of me. The grey material swinging ever so slightly from the force of the hits.