"Football is a Man's Sport" My Derriere. {17}

I am officially a freshman! EEEP!

I had a really weird episode today. This junior skipped me and of course, me being the peaceful little Libra that I was, let him. We would all get to the food eventually. Anyways, this female junior just comes out of nowhere and starts yelling at him, then pushes me in front of her and him and tells me to b*** slap him if he tried to skip me again.

Most awkward moment of my life...

He didn't try anything. I think she took pity on short people like me. I am a little under five foot.

So this chappie goes out to her. Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's Ryan's house?" I asked Gabe, holding the keys in my hand. He told me, and I turned to leave, but stopped and gathered up my courage, closing my eyes. "Gabe?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you know?" I asked in a small voice.

He put down the book he was reading, looking at me. "What?"

"Did you know about the agreement." I said a bit more firmly. He looked sad. "No. No, I didn't. And I thought you'd trust me enough--"

"I'm sorry. It's just, my own twin...I don't really know who to trust now."

I turned around again, but Gabe's slightly amused voice stopped me. "I hear you trust Van a lot." I whirled on him. "What are you talking about?"

"My sources tell me that you went out on a date--"

"It wasn't a date." I snapped.

"Oh really? Music, dancing, a late night almost-kiss--"

"Gabriel Kane. I swear if you don't shut up right now I WILL tip you out of that wheel chair." I had grown unsympathetic to his disability, and he loved it. Gabe grinned at me. "Fine, fine."

"Stalker." I muttered, snatching the keys and putting on the hoodie that he had taken off. It had been sitting on the couch and was black and red striped. I slid it on and put the hood on, putting it over my head and stomped out. "I'm your big brother, I'm supposed to stalk you!" I heard him yell. I shook my head and walked to the car, putting my hands in my pockets. My mom and dad were running errands to spend time with each other. Tyler, who I wasn't on speaking terms with, was on a date, and Jayden was on a play-date with a friend of hers from school. And Sasha was...gone. I had no idea where she was.

Anyways, I walked up to the truck and hopped in. It smelled like must and old spice and was fairly clean, for a teenage football player's truck. I cranked up the car and started driving the way Gabe had told me. Ryan's house was about ten minutes away. I pulled up behind a car that I didn't recognize and killed the engine, putting my hands into my pockets. Ryan's house was big, but fairly normal looking, with two stories, blue and white painting and a small flower garden out front. I walked up the steps and rang the doorbell.

I waited about thirty seconds before the door was opened. Ryan opened it with a bed head and a slight smirk on his face. "You good?"

"Yeah." I tossed him the keys. "I refilled it and bought a little airfreshner thingies."

"Thanks. But Liz, how are you supposed to get home?"

I smacked my forehead. "God! I completly forgot about that!"

"Don't worry, I'll take you home." The sound of a car pulling up made us turn our heads and suddenly, Ryan looked nervous. Kale (or Sage) got out of the car. By the way he was dressed, I was pretty sure it was Kale.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Meeting up with Ryan. Got a problem?"

"Nope."

"Wait. You gys know each other."

"Very, very well." Kale said smirking. He was hinting at something else. My ears heated and I looked away. Ryan raised an eyebrow at me but I punched Kale in the arm and pushed past him. "Do you have any chocolate? Cake, prefferably."

"Yep. I'll get it." Ryan went to the kitchen. I looked at Kale. "So, you guys are friends?"

"Yeah."

Silence. He broke it this time. "You're dating my brother, right?"

"It wasn't a date!"

"Whatever. But tell me this, what is it that you like about him?"

"What?"

"Why do like him instead of--nevermind. Why do you like him?"

I eyed him. "He listens. And he's there everytime I need him."

"You never call me."

"You don't call me! And Van's...Van." I shrugged, looking away and folding my arms. The floor was wooden and there was air conditioning blasting from somewhere within the house. There was a large staricase leading to a hallway and the livingroom was huge. Ryan came back a minute later. "Here you are." He handed me a slice of cake and a spoon. I smiled at him and started eating, while him and Kale shared looks.

"Now, about that ride..." Ryan said.

"I'll walk."

"I'll take her." Kale said.

"You just got here. Go. Shoo." I made a swiping motion with my hands. "Play a video game or something."

"No."

"I'm leaving the premises on foot. Thanks for the cake, Ryan."

"No prob."

"You're not making sense, Liz. I have a car and I can just take you home."

I opened the door. "Bye." I walked out, chewing on a piece of cake and humming.

"You'd let me give you a ride if I were Van."

Darn him.

He dropped me off to my house and I got out. "Thank you." I said reluctantly.

"You're welcome. Tell the family I said hey."

I opened my mouth to say 'okay' but he grabbed me chin and brought his mouth to mine.

I pulled back and got ready to tell him off when I heard, "Well, I guess we know who you choose then."

I looked. There were discarded sunflowers, my favorite flower, on the ground and Van's blank, but hurt eyes. I couldn't say anything. My vocal cords refused to open. And by the time I had figured out anything to say, he was gone.

"Do you regret it?" Kale asked in a soft voice. I turned. "Get out of the car," I said, trying to keep my voice calm. He got out. I walked around and slapped the tar out of him. And then, picking up the flowers off the ground, I went into the house and proceeded to repeatedly try and call Van.

He didn't answer.

After my one hundreth call, I slammed the phone down onto my pillow and put my head in my hands.

Life sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i have to go to a funeral tomorrow! so bye! I hope it not too short, and I'll try and post as soon as I can