The long ride

Soondeok's diary

Last night was more dramatic than a real drama, I'd say. I won't call myself heroic, but I've got to admit I've done something close to that. I do pray that both of them will be able to stay safe with my dad, Mi-ah and the old lady, whom I regret I've not yet asked the name of. I was shocked to see a girl in our room last night, indeed I was, it'd be a lie if I deny it. My first thought was, 'ah, so this day has finally come, the day I won't be the only woman by the prince's side.' Thankfully that wasn't the case and I returned just in time to help that poor girl out. I suppose heaven has planned it all from the beginning. Boy was I glad to see Eun again, he didn't shave at all and it feels weird seeing a bit of beard growing under his chin and under his nose, guess what? I might even ask him to start growing a beard, if he would that is.

So I sneaked out this morning and returned after quite some time, Eun needed that time to get the legal documents from his grandpa, which went exceptionally well because the moment his grandpa wanted to get the documents back, I barged in the front door looking all jolly and happy to see them. There's something of concern though, the maids and the servants seem to feel sorry for me, I can see it in their eyes, I guess it's because they all thought that Eun really did sleep with another woman.

We'll be leaving soon, Eun can't stand being in this house a day longer so the moment I returned, he started packing things up. A nice temple in the mountains, he said, is where we'd be staying for the next week before we finally return to the capital, like a farewell trip.

I just love to see him pack, he'll keep talking to himself like, 'Gosh, where did I put that box?' or 'Heck Eun ah, hurry up already won't you?', and he mumbles so with his soft husky morning voice that I just can't get enough of. I think I'd better start helping him now, the carriage will arrive shortly.

------------------------------------------------

(Soondeok looking at their room, empty. Eun comes in.)

'Deok ah, we need to go or we won't make it before the sun sets.'

'Honey...'

(Eun senses that his wife wanted a moment)

'Well, I'll be waiting outside, don't be long, okay?'

'Oppa, stay...'

(Soondeok begs with her eyes, so Eun holds her hands and both of them take one last glance around the room)

'How long has it been, Oppa? 5 months, right?'

'About so, but it seems way longer than that, doesn't it?'

'Many things happened here...'

'Yes, Deok ah...many things indeed...'

'I found out about our child here and also about your childhood...'