Chance Perez

Requested By: ShakiraV

"Arrrriiii! Are you ready to go yet?" Chance called into your bed room. You and Chance had been dating for nearly 4 years, and you had moved into his flat about 2 years ago.

"Almost! Be patient, love!" You called back, as you put on your necklace and checked yourself in the mirror for the last time. You ran a hand through your now curly hair and straightened your short, red dress before smiling at yourself in the mirror and going to meet Chance downstairs.

"Shakira! You look beautiful!" Chance said as he wrapped you up in a big hug and kissed your forehead.

"Thank you, babe, You look good too." You said with a smile, seeing his nice button down shirt and jeans. You always loved the way he looked in nice clothes, and he knew it.

"Are you ready to go, then?" He asked, taking your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours, walking towards his car.

"I'd be more ready if you'd tell us where we were going!" You said with a laugh, somewhat protesting as he tried to pull you towards his car.

"I told you, it's a surprise!" He said, and you rolled your eyes and got in passenger seat of the car, putting on your seat belt as Chance got in the driver's seat and started the car. You had been driving for a few minutes when you noticed Chance looking nervously around, making you feel a tad worried.

"What's wrong, Chance?" You asked, turning off the radio.

"Oh, nothing!" he said, with a reassuring smile. You knew that he wasn't going to tell you anything, and leaned back in your seat, wondering where he could possibly be taking you. He smiled at you and kept driving, until he broke the silence about an hour later.

"We're almost here, Shakira! Don't think about it, just be happy!" Chance said, poking you in the side. You laughed and squirmed out of his reach, finally deciding to try and just enjoy the surprise. You looked around, trying to figure out where you were, when you saw a familiar restaurant down the street from you. Sure enough, Chance pulled up outside and ran around to your side of the car to open your door for you.

"You brought me here?? I can't believe you'd remember..." You trailed off, jumping up to give Chance a huge hug. He had brought you to the restaurant you had gone to on your first date. You had met out on the streets before a concert, and he had immediately asked you for a date. After a lot of persuading, you agreed and he had taken you here. It was a beautiful restaurant, and you couldn't believe Chanxe would've remembered so far back in the past.

"Of course I remembered! How could I forget this place?" Chance asked with a smile, as you walked towards the front foor.

"I thought we weren't allowed in here?" You asked with a smile, causing Chance to laugh. That date so many years ago had gone really well, except for when you and Chance kind of started a food fight, resulting in you two being kicked out. You two had walked the streets around the restaurant, just talking for ages until Chance kissed you, which had immediately started the relationship that you two still had today.

"Well, I called ahead and they made an exception." He said with a wink, as you two walked inside the empty restaurant that was covered in small white lights that Chance must have strung before you got there.

"Oh, Chance!" You exclaimed, looking around the beautiful restaurant.

"Oh, that's not it!" Chance said, grabbing your hand and leading you to the back of the restaurant and up long set of stairs, eventually leading to the roof. You stepped up onto the roof which had a large blanket laid out, along with a picnic basket and candles.

"Chance, this is beautiful!" You exclaimed, as he led you towards the blanket. From the roof, you could see over most of the town, as you were about 4 or 5 levels up. Chance sat down on the blanket next to you, wrapping an arm around you as he reached into the picnic basket and pulled out lots of food, including your favorite- apple pie.

"Yummy!" You cheered, pulling the pie into your lap.

"I knew you'd like that." Chance said with a laugh, as you carefully cut a slice to eat. After about an hour, and a full picnic basket later, you two were laid out on the blanket, looking up at the now dimming sky. It was about time for sunset when Chance suddenly stood up, offering you a hand to help you up.

"What?" You asked, confused, as Chance led you to the edge of the building.

"Look..." He nearly whispered, pointing up into the sky. After searching for a few seconds, You saw a small plane flying overhead, with an attached banner that read "Shakira, Will You Marry Me? ~Chance"

"Chance?" You asked, as you turned to face him, only to see him down on one knee, pulling out a small box from his pocket. He slowly opened it to reveal a beautiful ring, as he smiled up at you.

"Shakira, I love you. More than anything in this world, and I want to spend every single day of the rest of my life with you. I never could've imagined that 4 years ago, when I saw you on the street that you were the girl I wanted to Marry. You're perfect in every single way, and no one else on earth completes me the way you do. Will you marry me?" He asked, smiling up at you, hopefully.

"Of course, Chance!" You said, through happy tears. He slid the ring onto your finger and slowly stood up, giving you a huge hug and spinning you around, before slowly putting you down. He slowly leaned in to give you a soft, gentle kiss before wrapping you up in another huge hug.

"I love you, Chance..." You said, with your face pressed into his chest as he hugged you.

"I love you too, soon-to-be Mrs.Perez." He said with a cheeky smile, giving you a quick kiss on the cheek.

I hoped you enjoyed your Imagine ShakiraV. Thanks for requesting and voting. And I will see you guys tomorrow with a brand new Preference.

-Essence💞