Chapter 64: A Taste of Revenge

Friday October 30, 2020 - Pensacola, Florida

Aesha POV

10:36 PM

And just like that, I'm back in Florida before the roster hits a few more cities and I'm on a plane right back to Tampa. The time on the road with Joe has been...amazing, as you already know, and I hate that it's coming to an end already. So, to continue making this the best experience of my life, Joe has us in a nice seafood place on the boardwalk after he got done with his match on the Live show, the warm-cool ocean breeze wafting through the still open windows of the restaurant. We've been feasting on lobster, crab legs, scallops, the works, all because I told him I was craving seafood; I should know better by now because he stays doing the most for me. I love him.

"How's the food, lo'u alofa?"
"Amazing. Like...that's all I can say. Mmmm."

He smiles as I take another bite of my crab cake and he continues eating his lobster linguine. We've been sitting here for almost two hours, eating, talking, joking, and I can't help but notice the slight nervous fidget he's got going on: when he's nervous, he picks at his thumb skin and he's been doing that on and off throughout the whole day and he's done it more than usual for most of our time traveling together. So, finally having had enough of his secrecy and fidgeting, I casually and subtly bring the topic back up.

"What're you hiding, Leati?"

Smooth.

"What? Oh...what?" He asks furrowing his brows and I just roll my eyes.
"I know you're hiding something, stop fuckin' around and just tell me."

He waves our waiter down and gets to-go boxes for us, proceeding to pack our food away and lean across the table to grab my hands and kiss them.

"I have a surprise for you, it's huge, but I need you to have an open mind about it, okay?"
"Okayyy..."
"Pinky promise?" He says sticking up his pinky and I just chuckle.
"Pinky promise." I say grabbing his big pinky with my exponentially smaller one and we kiss our intertwined digits together.
"Great. Let's go."

*~*~*~*

"Joseph, where are we? It's cold and...smelly in here. Why am I blindfolded? Are you trafficking me??" I gasp turning around to..."face" him and I hear him chuckle before he turns me back around.
"No, baby, never that. Just chill, we're almost there, just a few more steps aaand stop. Now, remember what I said about an open mind?"
"Yeah?"

He undoes my blindfold and my eyes quickly adjust to the dim lighting of this warehouse we appear to be in and my sights fall upon that face, the face that I want so badly to bash in except...it already looks half bashed in. Looking around, Joey and Hamilton are standing off to the left.

"Joey? Hamilton? What the? How did—"
"Ask Joe." Joey says.
"J-Joe..." I say quietly.
"He kept running his mouth about you and bragging about Lydia, I just couldn't take it."

I turn around and look at him.

"Baby...you could get in a lot of trouble; this is kidnapping!" I whisper-yell and he shrugs.
"He's wanted for murder. As far as I'm concerned, the police need to go 'head and give us that reward 'cause we got'im."
"Joe—"
"Baby, he's done nothing but torture you, mistreat you, make you feel lower than shit, he took one of the most important parts of your life away, he took Lydia away from you; he can't get away with everything he's done, he can't, he won't, and I've made sure that Lydia's plan has a happy ending for everyone who deserves it. He can't hurt you anymore, look at him, he's at your disposal. Do anything, don't worry about getting caught or found out, Joey's already got all that worked out just...if anyone needs some revenge, it's you, and I got it for you."

I look him over, his expression stoic and jaw clenched. This is wrong, this is all wrong, kidnapping, torture, he wants me to torture him...I...I don't know if I can actually do it.

After all the tears, all the bruises, I don't know if I can do it.

After all the insults and constant embarrassment and harassment, I don't know if I can do it.

After...after the hitting, the kicking, the berating, the miscarriage, after...Lydia.

...

...

Something snaps in me and I spin around to storm up to where Fuckus sits in that rickety ass wooden chair, grab a brick on the floor near him, and deck him clean in the face with it. Not satisfied with that, I backhand him with it, then punch him again before throwing it away and kicking him dead in his chest to make him topple backwards. Straddling him and not caring about messing up the knees of my jeans on the wet concrete floor, I grab him by the neck and begin wailing on his face, gurgling noises coming from him as he starts to choke on the blood from his mouth and face, but I don't let up. Scenes of all those nights I sat up late waiting for him just for him to come home smelling like some other bitch, all those times he raised his hand to hit me and all the times he actually did, that time he wouldn't stop punching me and kicking me in my stomach, he just wouldn't stop.

"Please. Stop." I hear him gurgle out and I lose it.

"After everything you've ever done to me...after everything that you've taken from me...you have the audacity to beg me to stop? If I had a fucking QUARTER for every time I said that to you, I would never have had to take your goddamn money! If I had a DOLLAR for every time I begged you, I'd be a fucking millionaire. How dare YOU ask ME, beg ME for ANYTHING YOU PSYCHOTIC NARCISSISTIC MURDERER!"

I pull him back up just to walk around and punch him in the back of the head and kick him forward, his head hitting the floor. I get on him and start to punch him in the sides of his head as hard as I can, my vision blinded by blood, tears, and pure anger and hatred.

"YOU TOOK HER FROM ME! YOU KILLED HER! YOU KILLED MY BABY AND YOU KILLED MY SISTER! YOU ALMOST KILLED ME! YOU'VE TAKEN SO MUCH FROM ME AND IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH, YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU BASTARD! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!"

Before I know it, I'm being hoisted up and carried away from the wheezing heap of flesh on the floor.

"YOU'RE DEAD! DEAD! FUCK YOU! I HOPE YOU ROT IN THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF HELL YOU FUCKING DEMON! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

Then, I'm being enveloped in a big tight and warm embrace, hot tears streaming down my face as I grip onto him, my bloodied hands still shaking with the overwhelming amount of emotions surging through me.

"I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!" I cry out and I'm being squeezed a little more tighter, light kisses being dropped all over my head and face.
"I know baby, I know, but you can't kill him, that would be too easy for him. Don't worry, it's okay, I'm here baby, I gotchu, forever and for always, aulelei. I love you."

I cry and sob and cry and cry, my legs weak and buckling but he's got me, he's holding me tight, making sure I don't fall, he'll never let me fall, so I surrender all of my strength and just let him hold and support me, something I could never depend on Rufus to do, and it feels so good to finally have that.