Chapter 29: Back to the Living

Sunday May 31, 2020 - Tampa, Florida

Joe POV

11:30 AM

So, I got Aesha checked out of the hospital this morning and she and I are headed back to my house after stopping at Raul's place and storage unit to get the little bit of stuff she took from her old apartment. I could've dropped her off so that she could rest but I needed her to tell me what to load but more so, I just need her in my sights because I don't trust Rufus. So, I've now traded Paulette for Rufus because I don't think she's going to be an issue for me for a while but Rufus, oh, that guys gonna get annoying, I can feel it; but that's alright as long as I keep Aesha safe.

I reach my hand over and rest it on her hand resting on her thigh and I feel her look at me.

"We're gonna have to talk about what it means to take a break from someone." She says and I chuckle.
"Sorry, touching you's just a habit now."
"I've got quite the uphill battle waiting for me, I can feel it."
"Oh, I feel it too, trust me. Seeing you everyday, not being able to kiss you, hug you, put my tongue on and inside you; mm, it's torture just thinkin' 'bout it." I joke and I can just tell that she's blushing again.
"Joe, do you really think me staying witchu is a good idea?"
"It'll be fine, Aesh, I promise; I just like to give you a hard time."
"Mhm, I bet you do." She says with an eye roll and I laugh at her acknowledgment of my intended pun.

"So, tell me why you're out of work until August? You never told me."
"You're right, I didn't. Well, basically, Galina told me about the accident, I went down to the bosses who were in the middle of a meeting to tell them I'd be out for a little bit; they were having a meeting with Caden so he and I got into it. Basically, I whooped his ass, and I decided that I needed some serious time off, so I told them they won't see me until Summerslam. I mean, okay, that was a bit much but they probably would've suspending me anyway for attacking a non-superstar, y'know?"

"Damn boy, you need a drink or two or three?"
"I would love three drinks, actually." I say and we have a laugh before falling back into our conversation.
"Well, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't looking forward to spending some more time with you, getting to know you in a domestic setting; I think this could be fun." She says squeezing my hand softly.
"Me too. Whenever we've hung out it was an on-the-fly type thing, never too long and we were always sucking on each other, but now you'll get to see if you can stand me or if you'll hate me after a week of me not putting my clothes in the hamper; I do that regularly by the way."
"Oh great, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. Ugh, Rufus would never clean up his dirty clothes, always made me do it like I was his maid."
"Oh, really? I mean, well, I can clean 'em up, no problem, you won't have to lift a finger for anything, I promise." I say lifting her hand to my lips to kiss it and I hear her chuckle deviously.
"If you do anything I don't like, I'll just tell you that Rufus does it and you'll stop doin' it; that's a good way to get what I want."

Pulling into the driveway, I give her a shady side eye but she continues to laugh and I only roll my eyes, the smile on my lips still on my face because no matter how mischievous she may show herself to be living with me, I'm just happy to hear her voice again, see her smile and eyes again, those eyes and that smile and laugh that I love so much. I know she needs some space, so I'm going to do my best to give it to her but it doesn't change the fact that I still love her with everything that I've got, so I'm going to give her everything that I've got to give.

*~*~*~*

"And this'll be your room here, not far from mine so if you need anything just yell for me and I'll come."
"Oh, I stay yellin' for you and you stay comin' for me."
"Aesha, do you really want some space from me?" I say putting my hands on my hips.
"Of course, I meant it, but c'mon, you know me; I love sexual puns. Good luck controlling your urges Big Dog."