Prologue

Monday August 26, 2019 - Downtown Tampa, Florida

Aesha POV

"Look at this place, babe." I say to my boyfriend as I spin around the large empty space with my arms held out, admiring the new store space that I was finally able to buy (with the help of my loving and doting boyfriend, that is).
"I know, it's amazing and it's all yours!" He exclaims picking me up and spinning me around.

My name is Aesha Frea Thomas and I'm a 26 year old artist based out of Tampa, Florida...well, getting restarted here, anyway. I used to live in Charlotte, North Carolina where I lived in a studio apartment with my college sweetheart and made a living selling my own art, being a private painting instructor, and working as the assistant to a popular painter in town. I played the violin since middle school but decided to drop it altogether once I realized that what I really wanted to do with my life was paint and try to make a difference in the world with my art.

It's not easy, what I do, and oftentimes I am uncertain if any of it will be worth the hassle in the long run, but I'm happy doing it and I've finally gotten my own space in which I can create and sell my creations; I've started experimenting with...

It's not easy, what I do, and oftentimes I am uncertain if any of it will be worth the hassle in the long run, but I'm happy doing it and I've finally gotten my own space in which I can create and sell my creations; I've started experimenting with making prints of my canvas works and selling the original piece, at a higher price than the prints of course, and it was doing this that made it possible for me to split the cost of the lease agreement with my awesome boyfriend.

Speaking of awesome boyfriends, my boyfriend Rufus and I started dating in the fall semester of my sophomore year in college and we've been together ever since. He graduated top of our class, Dean's list, everyone's favorite fratboy, perfect GPA, Valedictorian, the works, the perfect boy next door; every girl wanted to bang him and every guy wanted to be him but even guys wanted to bang him, too. He really could've had any girl that he wanted but he wanted me and he got me and I can truly say that I am in love with him. He graduated with a double major in business management and communications then continued his education straight into grad school. He's a really smart guy, sexy too, the definition of black excellence, and I couldn't be any happier to call this man mine. He's the right amount of rugged and smooth, book smart and street smart, hardworking but can play just as hard and he can definitely play hard, trust me.

 He's the right amount of rugged and smooth, book smart and street smart, hardworking but can play just as hard and he can definitely play hard, trust me