Chapter 14: The Truth Comes Out Part I

Sunday April 5, 2020 - Los Angeles, California

Aesha POV

9:00 AM

"So, lemme get this straight: you went to the apartment to drop off my PO box key and you heard—"

"Yelling, girl, straight up porno like, 'Yes baby! Yes!' type shit. Rufus was home, I saw his car, girl...I-I don't know what to tell you. Rufus is cheating. I wanted to tell you yesterday but I was so mad! I just-I couldn't get myself together! I'm so sorry, I should've told you sooner but I didn't wanna ruin your vacation, I-I-I—"
"So, Rufus is cheating."
"Yes girl, I am so so sorry, I didn't know what to tell you."
"Hm."

I'm currently on the phone with Raul who is filling me in on some shit he found out yesterday.

"Well, it's a shame that this is the choice he has made." I say calmly packing my beach tote bag.
"Well, yeah, it is but...um...ain't you mad? Sad? Somethin'?"
"Mad, a little. Sad? That's been my norm for the past eight years. I am feelin' somethin' but ima keep that to myself and let my actions speak for themselves."
"Damn girl, like, that's just it?"
"I'm done, Ra, done. I. Am. Done. He doesn't deserve me or my love or my effort, so I'm done givin' it to him, I'm done givin' myself to him; it's over. Now, you just chill, don't worry 'bout who he's fuckin', let him fuck. Me? I'm gon' get mine, too. So, if you will please excuse me, I've got a date with a rooftop pool."
"You know what, you do you boo, yuss. I am for it. Ima try to get my life over here, you live it up for the both of us. The next time I go home to San Diego, I'm bringin' you."
"Please do. I'll hit you up later, boo, love you."
"Love you too hunty!"

I end the call, check myself in the mirror and smile at myself, something I've made a point to do more often now.

"Damn, you fine girl." I say to myself and leave the room.

Joe's been at the gym and Galina has taken the kids out for the day until it's time for Wrestlemania. I leave the suite and make my way up to the pool.

*~*~*~*

Sunscreen? Check.
Sunglasses? Check.
Shade? Check.
Swag? Check.

I'm lounging, no make up, no cover up, I'm feeling myself and I'm feeling this sun and warm weather; on top of that, I am the only person up at the pool right now. Life is good. Shit, everything just feels good right now despite what Raul told me earlier. In fact, I don't feel so bad about last night anymore and I sure as Hell won't feel bad about anything else that happens between Joe and I.

*BZZZ*BZZZ*

Speaking of Joe.

S.S.Joe😍: wya?
Me: rooftop

Please note that S.S.Joe stands for Sexy Samoan Joe.

Mmm, what a gift.

I put my phone back down, lean back in my chair, and close my eyes and continue to soak up the warm sun.