Chapter 50: Sisters in Arms

Saturday August 22, 2020 - Tampa, Florida

Aesha POV

8:15 PM

"She's been gone for a while, should we go find her?" Joey asks me as we sit on the couch together.
"Nah, she's prolly just in one of the guest rooms phone sexin' her new man, at least she better be and not in my damn bed, again."
"She's rubbed one out in your bed before?"
"Well, she wasn't doin' the rubbing, her man was...in our bed."
"Damn, she's one of those friends, huh?"
"Yup, she be wildin', everyday, ain't never on zero, always a-hunned."
"Really now? Y'know, we could use some energy like that for this."
"Mm, no, nope, nuh-uh, nah, no."

I get up to throw my beer bottle away and Joey lightly grips my wrist.

"Aw, c'mon! Ain't this the same girl you told me had Rufus shittin' himself with a knife up to his throat?"
"I mean, yeah, but—"
"Just think about it."

I take a second before answering again.

"No."
"But you didn't—"
"I did think about, and the answer is still no."

I continue on my course to the recycle bin when I'm interrupted again.

*DING*DONG*

"I got it!" I call out placing my bottle down and running back to the front door and pulling it open to reveal my sisters, Lydia and Bianca.

(Lydia May Thomas)

(Bianca Rae Thomas)

(Bianca Rae Thomas)

"Lyds! BiBi!" I squeal and throw my arms around my sisters and they squeeze me back

"Bubblegum!" Lydia exclaims kissing me on my temple.
"Oh, baby sis, I know we just saw you last month but, after everything with Rufus, we're so happy to see you every time we do."
"I'm happy to see you guys, too."

At 27, I am the youngest out of my two sisters, Lydia the oldest at 33 and Bianca between us at 29. Lydia has a different mom but she grew up with Bianca and I and always connected better with our mom and though she's the oldest, Bianca's definitely the more mature one, but I guess being a teen mom will do that to you while being a former drug addict will leave you a little screwy.