Chapter 21: The Break Down

Flashback

Monday April 6, 2020 - Los Angeles, California

Galina POV

12:15 AM

"One shot for the LA boys!"
"Hear hear!"

Me, Trinity, Nia, Nikki, Brie, and Carmella are back out here at Ibiza for our last official night in Los Angeles, taking shots and talking shit about all the try-hard wannabe actors, actresses, and models desperately trying to get the girls to notice them. Apparently the wrestlers are a lot more popular than I personally give them credit for; they're not Beyoncé level but people really do be checking for them.

"How's birdie?" I ask Brie over the loud music.
"Oh, she's amazing, she's three now!"
"That's insane! They grow up so fast!"
"Tell me about it, and your boys are, what? Four?"
"Five now."
"Crazy, motherhood is crazy."
"It really is but I'm so blessed to have the support system that I do, even after everything was said and done, I wouldn't change a thing."
"Speaking of which, where is your lovely ex-husband?"
"At the room with Aesha and the kids."

They all stop drinking and stare at me.

"What?"
"He's alone with Aesha?" Carmella asks.
"Yeah." I respond slowly nodding my head.
"You really trust them to be alone together?" Nikki asks and I roll my eyes.
"Listen, I know this is all bizarre, a divorced mother of three not stressin' over her ex but I'm serious, I'm not stressin' over him; he and I ran our course, things are just better if we're not together and that's okay because we don't hate each other and we take care of our kids. He's free to date and fuck who he wants, Paulette included even though I'd rather him fuck Aesha instead of that wretched little wrench."
"Oh shit, are they fuckin'?" Nia blurts out and I just laugh.
"I ain't sayin' shit."

We all continue laughing and joking and gossiping until we see some movement in the dancing crowd. Soon, Paulette has appeared and is approaching us but our security guard stops her. How in the Hell she got in with this pregnant-ass belly, I don't know; all I know is that she's clearly here to get the taste slapped out her mouth. I tap the guard and motion for him to let her into our little roped off area. Rolling her eyes at the guard as she walks past him, she steps up to our booth and stands in front of me, scowling at me.

"Whatchu want Beetlejuice?" I say to her in an unimpressed voice while the girls drunkenly snicker a little.
"I'm gonna do you a favor and pretend like you never said that. Anyway, you need to do something about that little friend of yours, Aesha."
"What about her? She's minding her business, something you need to learn to do."
"She's playin' with my man! She's ruined everything!"
"Bitch, if you don't getcho delusional ass out my face, ima bus' you in the head so hard that your baby's gonna come out deformed."

Nia busts out laughing but nonchalantly sips at her drink when Paulette throws her a look before turning back to me.

"Look, I'm warning you: get her to back off or else."
"Or else what, lacefront?"

I love that nickname Aesha uses for her.

"You know what, I don't have time for this, I have a baby to grow. Just remember...when shit goes down, and it will, it's goin' straight to Hell and Aesha's gonna have a first class one way ticket."
"Ooouuu, first class, sounds fancy; make sure you book me a ticket, will you?"

She gets visibly angry but storms off, clearly more affected by the fact that I don't care about her threats as much as she wants me to. Don't get me wrong, I still care which is why I'm getting my shit together and going back to the room to be with my kids and best friends.