Chapter 60: Giving Gifts, Calling Friends, and Making Plans

Monday September 8, 2020 - New Orleans, Louisiana

Joe POV

11:09 PM

RAW ran over a few minutes tonight, which is fine but I'm kind of in a hurry to get back to the hotel. I'm taking fast long strides down the hallway when I run into Braun.

"Hey there, Big Dog! Where's the fire?" He asks helping make sure I don't drop my stuff.
"Oh, man, no fire, just wanna get back to the room." I chuckle.
"So, no drinks tonight with me and the guys?"
"Nah, not tonight; Aesha said she has something special waiting for me, so that's where I'm headed."
"Well alright, my boy. How's all that goin', by the way?"
"Oh, it's goin' great, man, I love that girl."
"I can see that. So, ima get an invite to the wedding, right?"
"As long as you can find a tux that'll fit your big ass."
"Bah, you always got jokes. Get outta here, go to your woman."

I laugh, give him a friendly slap on the shoulder and walk away.

"I'm serious! I better get an invite or else someone's gon' get these hands!" He yells after me and I can't help but laugh back at him as I make my way out of the exit and into my rental.

*~*~*~*

Getting into the room, I'm surprised by what I see: rose pedals and candles on and around the bed, then, right there on the bed, lies a very beautiful Aesha in some super sexy red lingerie.

How did I get so lucky?

"Welcome back, loʻu tupu. How was work?"

This girl is playing with me, lying there talking all casually like she ain't the sexiest thing in the city right now, right in front of me.

"Um, uh, work was great, yeah. Uh, what's all this?" I ask dropping my duffle bag and backpack.
"I can't do something nice for my man? You've always done the most for me, so I wanna do the most for you for once."
"Aw, baby, you don't have to."

I walk over to the bed and she kneels up to let me kiss her soft full lips, the taste of sweet champagne on her lips. She pulls back from me to pick up the glass of champagne from the nightstand and tip it against my lips, letting me drink from it. My hand is resting on her backside and I give it a light squeeze that makes her giggle.