[Requested] Mila Babicheva x Female! Reader

((Requester: kawaii_gabriella_611 >~<

Where Mila skates to a song that you love, Vanilla twilight by Owl City-))

Everyday I would go to the ice rink to watch Mila skate. She was someone who I could trust and someone who I was hands down inspired by. Her skill on the ice was no match for mine, but Mila always asked for me to come to her practices especially when she needs help with a new routine.

I loved helping her, it made me feel important that she wanted me to help her. I will admit of course, I had a crush on the charming woman. There was something about her that made me feel more special than any other person could ever. But today for some reason, something changed her mind.

"Why don't you want me here today?" I asked her as I stood at the barrier with a hinged jaw of shock. Mila stood with a frown and a furrowed brow. "I'm sorry, but this skate is really important to me..it's for someone really close to me and I don't want to dissapoint them. I need this to be 100% me," she blinked diligently, "you understand right?"

If there was a such thing of having your heart ripped out of your chest and stomped on, this is how I felt at that point. It killed me to think that Mila had another person that was more important to her, but it killed me more to realise that perhaps my feelings had been going to waste for the last few months.

"Y-Yeah of course. I can't wait to see it then. Um, good luck." I quickly turned and ran out of the rink in fear that I was going to cry in front of Mila over something so stupid. I didn't want to pity myself about it, but my feelings were something that were as fragile as glass, and for Mila to say there is a really important person she wants to skate for- and the fact she doesn't want me there- was heart breaking.

I ran down the footpath toward my apartment building with the cold air harshly hitting my cheeks as I pulled up my scarf in an attempt to warm my face up once more as I fumbled with my keys as I jogged up the concrete stairs and approached my door. I fitted the key into the lock and twisted it. I slammed the door behind me as I dropped my coat of my shoulders and threw my scarf to the side as I slid against the door and landed on the floor.

I curled my legs up to my chest and hung my head against them as I hugged them tightly to me. This was stupid, I was acting like Mila had broken up with me and we weren't even dating! My heart was almost as confused as my head was, so to help this I stood up and grabbed my phone as flopped into my bed and pressed play. My favourite song started playing, which made me feel a lot calmer

Vanilla Twilight

- Time Skip to the competition -

The way of describing myself could be summed up in 4 words, should I be here? I sat front row at the rink in the VIP section where Mila had reserved a seat for me. I had never sat in that section before, so I was confused about why all of a sudden I was put here, considering that I was quiet happy just sitting with the regular people. I wasn't the most popular skater so no one ever recognised me.

'Next representing Russia, Mila Babicheva' The announcer stared and I sat forward with anticipation as I watched Mila skating out into the middle of the rink. Her hair was braided beautifully, with some small sequence gems stuck on them. Her costume was my favourite colour, (F/C) and it was decorated with soft costume feathers. As she skated to a halt in the middle of the rink, and the applause had died down she raised one of her hands slowly.

I made eye contact with her for one split moment, and I watched as her eyes gave me a pleading look before the music began to play.

-Begin song-

She gently began to gently skate around the rink with the beginning lyrics. I was stunned as I recognised the lyrics of my favourite song. Mila began to raise her hands above her head as she began to swiftly move around the rink, her legs stretching around as she glides gracefully.

When the hit of music came through, she kicked herself into the air and performed a double salchow (I can't say I know if that is the name for it, if it isn't please correct me!) and landed it effortlessly. As the audience applauded, I stared at her in awe as she ran her hands across her chest and spun around on her left leg in a tight circle until the gently lyrics began to play once more.

It was then she started to do some tight but slow moving footwork across the ice, waiting for her chance to jump next. As she waited to do another large quad, she did a single toe-loop which then excelled into a triple toe-loop. Both were landed beautifully as she balanced herself out with her arms and began to gain her own speed.

It was when it came to the middle of the chorus Mila stretched her hands above her head and looked them together as she spun in a circle tightly, slowly lowering her arms until it came to the next up beat chorus part in which I watched as she gained her speed around the bend. My jaw was hinged in shock at the amount of speed I was watching Mila trying to gain.

She then stunned me, and the rest of the audience. As she hit the ice to kick herself up into the air, she bound her arms close to her body as she begun to spin in mid air.

One
Two
Three

And she hit the ice once more, barely landing it but she didn't touch the ice. The crowd erupted with applause and I watched as she skated back toward the middle of the ice as the music began to die down. It was there where she began to slowly skate toward me, spinning gently along her way as she moved her arms rhythmically. I stood up and pushed against the barrier as she reached me. Her smile didn't falter me as she got on her knee and stretched her leg out to the side in a beautiful finishing position as she held my hand tightly.

The crowd started to applaud and cheer for her. Mila stood up and gently cupped my face with her cold hands. "(Y/N) I love you!" She shouted as she placed her lips on my own before pulling away, sending the crowd into an even louder applause. I felt my whole face light up as I giggled bashfully. "I-I love you too..."

'...nowI don't feel so alone anymore...'

((Thank you for requesting! I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I liked writing it! This is my last request for this book, so I hope I satisfied everyone!

Up next: Phichit Chulanont x Reader

Until next time!
Chelsea out || ✌🏻

1238 words))