[Requested] Soldier! Yuri Katsuki x Wife! Reader

((Requester: AbigayleCope ^~^ ))

"T-Tomorrow....?" I asked Yuri gingerly as I looked up from the letter he had handed me moments before. "You are getting dropped in tomorrow?" I asked and watched as he nodded with a placid face.

"We both knew it was going to happen- this is the reason in enlisted anyways." Yuri pulled out a duffle bag and began to pack some of his things while I stood with the letter pressed against my heart.

"For a whole year....? What if something happens to you?" I asked him, hoping that he would give me he answer I wanted to hear. But he didn't.

"If I die-" he said and looked to me for a moment before continuing, "then I died protecting you, and our future." I felt tears beginning to well in my eyes as I dropped my arms.

"If you die there won't be a future!" I snapped and felt the first of my tears fall from my cheeks. "Please- I don't want to loose you like this...." Yuri stood up and faced me, looking down at me with drained eyes as if he were dreading the day also.

He opened his arms and embraced me gently, his hands making me feel warm and safe. "I won't let them kill me....I promise we will have a future." he whispered and pressed a gentle kiss upon my forehead and held up my left hand. "I promised this when I put the ring on your finger after all..."

That night, Yuri held me closely to his side as he attempted to sleep. But his nerves were not letting him do that so easily. I could feel the tension through his embrace, but I was soon asleep.

                  •~Yuri's POV~•
It was early in the morning and I quietly crept out of bed, I took my bag from the bedroom and carried it out to the lounge room quietly. I returned to the bedroom and silently got dressed into my uniform while (Y/N) slept. I was worried about how she was to cope on her own- but I didn't worry too much about it.

I had to get into the right headspace before I left, otherwise everything would've been for nothing. I tied my shoelaces and crept over to her side of the bed. I leant down and gently pressed my lips to hers and stroking her head.

"I promise I'll be back.....I love you...."

                   •~(Y/N)'s POV~•
It had been 4 months since Yuri had left to go to war, and I was feeling more lonely than ever before. Every so often I was graciously presented with a letter from Yuri, telling me everything that has been going on and how he is fine. At the end of each letter he signed with the small print of I Love You.

Each day was slower than the next. My heart would sink every time the days went slow. "Please, just be safe...." I said to myself everyday.

-Time Skip-

"Please. Just tell me what is going on!" I shouted into the phone while I was speaking with the Army intuition. "I haven't received any letters. I just need to know he is alive!" I pleaded and listened to the woman on the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I cannot share that information. And even if I could I cannot, word hasn't come in from the front line yet." I sat silently and felt as I begun to shake violently. "....thank you." I said and hung up the phone with anger.

I sat myself down in the chair and rocked gently with my legs crossed while tears trailed down my eyes. "I didn't tell him....before he left....." I whispered to myself and gently rubbed my growing stomach while crying.

"He needs to know- bring him back to his child...." I wept and cried myself to sleep that night.

-Time Skip-

Word on the news read that the soldiers were coming home to anticipated loved ones. I prayed that Yuri would be one of those soldiers, if he wasn't.....I didn't think that far ahead yet.

I looked down in the cradle and gently rocked our son of 3 months. His name was (S/N) (Son's name)....I was just upset that Yuri wasn't there to see his son being born.

I slept uneasy that night, Yuri hadn't come home. I was terrified, I was anxious, I was weeping. Even (S/N) had picked up on my tension and became upset as well. I tried my best to calm him down and after a long while it worked.

My eyes were aching, I didn't have any tears left to shed any longer. My heart was shattering bit by bit. There came a day when I was sitting down with a book in my hands and rocking (S/N) gently with my foot as he was cooing quietly at his toys.

There was a knock on the door and I sighed as I sat up and placed my book down. I walked towards the door and opened it. Standing before me was a man with his black hair pulled back, and he looked muscular as well. There was a large scar across his cheek and he met my eyes with a warm smile.

"I'm home...." he said to me and my eyes widened in shock as I recognised he stunning pair of eyes. "Yuri!" I shouted and leapt toward him, hugging him tightly and crying tears of joy. "I-I thought you were gone!" I shouted into his chest and felt as he smothered me with his arms.

"I promised you I wouldn't...." There was a surprised chirp coming from inside the house and I pulled away from Yuri with a small smile. "I didn't tell you before you left...." I told him quietly and pulled him into the house and watched as his eyes rested upon the cradle.

"This is your son....(S/N)..." I told him gently and watched as he dropped his bags and gently walked towards the cradle. Yuri looked down into the cradle and met the eyes of his son.

"He is beautiful...." He mumbled with tears in his eyes as he lifted the child into his arms and cried as he looked back at me. "He is beautiful...." he repeated again and I bit my bottom lip as I cried and stood by Yuri's side as he looked down at the small boy resting in his hands.

"I'm glad you are home...my dear Yuri."

((Hope you guys enjoyed this little request chapter! And I hope this is what the requester was hoping to get ^~^

If you enjoyed please don't forget to vote!

Up next:
Kenjirou Minami x Reader

Until next time!

Chelsea out || ✌🏻

                                      1140 words))