"Very cute."

My legs dangled off the brick wall above the beach. Finley was sat beside me and we both had a Mr Whippy ice cream in hand. I looked out across the sea, watching boats sail by and just daydreaming in general, absorbing the sun's rays. "Thanks for the ice cream, by the way," Finn murmured, snapping me from ny daze.

"No problem," I shrugged.

"I haven't had one of these since I was ten."

"Really? Wow. When I was fifteen, Mum used to take me to the beach a lot when Dad was working. She got me one of these every time."

"Lucky. My mum and dad prefer staying closer to home. We rarely go anywhere more than an hour's drive away."

"Whoa, seriously? Have you ever been abroad?" I asked.

"No, never. You?"

"Yeah, once when I was, like, seven or something. We went to Spain, like most other British families, haha."

"Aw, cool. Was it sunny?"

"Yeah, very. We went in, like, August time so it was boiling, 'n all."

"Wow. I wish we went on holiday somewhere like that. Maybe Greece or Turkey? But then the Italian Riviera has always appealed to me," he replied.

"I should take you sometime. We could go all over Europe, maybe even venture into the US?" I half suggested.

"Yeah, and we could get fridge magnets for every country we visited," he chuckled.

"And a Mr Whippy on the beach."

"Of course!"

I laughed. "Then, it's settled. If I ever have the money, I'll take you abroad and we can go wherever the wind takes us," I said, holding a hand to the breeze.

"Mhm, that sounds nice," he sighed.

"It does, doesn't it?"

We finished our ice creams but remained perched on the wall. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "I love this," I whispered.

"What?"

"Everything; the sun, the air, the sea." I turned to look at him. "You're so fucking pretty, you know that?"

He smiled. "Zak?"

"Mmh?"

"What do you look like?"

"I already told you, silly."

"No, no, not in detail, you didn't." Smirking, I took a hold of his left hand directing it up to my face.

"Well, I have a freckle here," I placed his finger over it. "And here," then moved it again. "Oh, and here, too."

"What are you're eyes like?" He breathed.

"Hazel. But I suppose they're more green in the middle and have golden flecks running through them."

"Nose?"

"Average."

"Build?"

"Above average."

"Lips?"

"Why don't you find out?" We both smirked then leaned in for a soft kiss. Our mouths moved in sync beautifully, along a shade of light pink to tickle my cheeks.

We broke off after a few moments, my stomach still fluttering with butterflies. Electrical pulses shot through my body; I didn't know whether to smile or spew.

"How come you're still with Skai?" The mere mention of her name made me visibly flinch.

"...I...I'm not sure anymore," I hesitsted. Though I wanted to lie and say 'because I love her', I knew he knew that that was complete bull. I wouldn't have just kissed him like that if it were true. I would've smashed his head in instead. But I didn't, not like I would've done in the past.

"Do you like having her around?"

"No."

"Do you just want to have sex with her?"

"Of course not."

"Then, tell me, Zak, why the hell are you with her?" He was starting to raise his voice, and it scared me. I didn't want to upset him. I paused before finally giving in.

"Because I'm scared, happy now?"

"For fuck's sake, come here." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a hug filled with pure compassion, and, before I knew what was happening, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I dove further into his chest, now blubbering like an idiot. "Zak, love, it's more trouble than it's worth, you get that, don't you?"

I nodded.

"Then dump her sorry-arse! No offense, but she's the type to be over you in a matter of hours. Someone else off the footy team will gladly replace you, there's nothing to be afraid of."

"But what will people say? I can't just say I was bored with her because I can't lie, Finn! I can't! And she's done nothing wrong, it would be shameful if I just left her in the dust like that," I sobbed.

"No, it's shameful to keep her around even though you know you're gay, Zak. It's like you're just using her to keep up an image. The sooner you dump her, the better, that way less people get hurt. Okay?" He said.

"Okay."

"Now, how 'bout some fish and chips?"

Song: 'Yellow' by Coldplay

Ten points for anyone who can catch the Call Me By Your Name reference in here hmu💋