Early Mornings [Itachi Uchiha x OC Ficlet]

Sunlight streaked through the blinds, easily warming the room and causing Itachi to wake up from his slumber. As graceful as he normally was, Itachi was actually quite sluggish when he first woke up. Slipping out of bed, not at all surprised to find the other side vacant, he grabbed his sweatpants from the night before and tugged them on before leaving his bedroom.

The halls of his home were silent as well, meaning he would have to go out back to find anyone. As he stepped outside, he lifted his left arm and used it to block the sun from his eyes while he stretched the other out above his head.

A cry from across the yard soon captured his attention and he dropped his arm, squinting off into the sun as he stepped of the porch and into the soft grass. The further he walked out into his yard, the louder the sounds got. It wasn't long before he found the creators of the sound.

He had bought a plastic kiddy pool about a week ago, once the temperature started getting warm, and had placed it beneath the shade of a huge tree in their backyard. Shakirie sat on her knees next to the pool, a hand on either of their twins, as the children splashed around in the water.

When she finally sensed his presence, Shakirie looked up and smiled gently.

“Good morning sleepy head,” she stated as he walked over next to her, sitting down and crossing his legs before kissing her gently in greeting.

“They got you up early,” he said with a sleepy smile, glancing down at his two children. His son, Isamu, was still preoccupied with playing in the water, but his daughter, Megumi, wanted her daddy. Being only a few months old, they couldn't do much on their own yet, so Itachi leaned over and picked up his squirming, wet daughter. As soon as Megumi was able to, she laid her sopping wet, ebony haired head against his pale chest.

Shakirie smiled and reached to brush some of the girls hair off of her face, turning back to Isamu when he began to make baby noises at the lack of attention he was getting.

“They were up earlier than normal today, yes. Maybe they'll sleep through the night tonight though,” she stated softly.

Itachi nodded, glancing down at Megumi, who was now dead asleep in his arms. His daughter loved being held by him more than anything else, he was sure of that.

“Just think. They're going to be getting up early every day for quite a while,” Shakirie stated, a smile on her face. Itachi looked back at her and smiled.

Despite being tired all of the time, of having to shave off countless hours of his normal sleep routine, he wouldn't change a single thing about his life right now.

“That's alright. I'm looking forward to it,” he said softly, perfectly content with holding his sleeping daughter and spending the rest of this sunny day outside with the rest of his family.