Together At Last [Shuhei Hisagi One-shot]

Shuhei Hisagi was pacing impatiently in the crowded airport, watching the terminal for Flight two hundred ninety seven closely. It should be any minute now and all of the passengers of that plane would be filing off and meeting up with those who waited for them or going their separate ways to head on to their respective homes. Dark grey eyes scanned the crowd, looking for the head of [color] hair that he had gotten so used to over the past two years.

He could see that some people in the crowd were senindg him strange looks and he didn’t have to wonder why. He was a giant, five foot eleven inch man with short black hair, three scars over his right eye and tattoos that stood out, especially the sixty nine that he’d gotten tattooed onto his face a long time ago. He could bet that some of the people here thought that he was being creepy, standing here all by himself. Usually when people were waiting on someone to get off of a plane at the airport, they had giant signs that let the person know where they were or balloons or something. Shuhei had none of that, just his strong, warm arms to pull [Name] into his hold as soon as he saw her.

Shuhei still remembered the very first time he had laid eyes on [Name]. It had been his senior year in college, her sophomore year. They were taking the same sociology class and they had clicked right away. For weeks afterwards, Shuhei had spent his time getting to know her and then wooing her into dating him. That was two years ago and now, Shuhei was waiting for her to return from her senior study abroad trip. He could remember her being extremely excited about the fact that she was going to Rome for almost six months. Shuhei had felt lost and alone without [Name] around; he was used to her presence, whether he was awake or asleep.

He was brought of of his distracted reverie when he saw the crowd of people beginning to file through the terminal. Blinking, Shuhei pushed himself eagerly away from the wall and walked ever closer, making his way through waiting family members and other pedestrians who were trying to board other flights or collect their luggage. Shuhei was polite as he possibly could be, getting as cloase as possible before standing and sticking his hands in his jeans pockets, waiting patiently for the bright [color] hair of [Name] to appear in the crowd.

Over and over, he scanned every face and head of hair in the crowd. Most of the people were either older couples or young families who had decided to take a vacation to escape the every day drawl of their home towns streets. A sudden flash of [color] caught his attention and he smiled brightly when he saw that it was [Name]. Her [color] eyes were darting around the crowd and he presumed that she was just as eager to see Shuhei as he was to see her once more.

When her eyes landed on him through the crowd, [Name] smiled brightly and began to make her way through the crowd towards him. Shuhei couldn’t wait for her, though, and he began to quickly make his way through the crowd as well so that he could meet her halfway through the crowd.

As soon as Shuhei knew that she was close enough, he stretched out his arms and pulled her into them. [Name] moved towards Shuhei happily, jumping into his arms and wrapping her arms around his neck, her legs going around his waist as she placed her lips onto his and kissed him passionately, as if she had missed him desperately.

Shuhei could care less if someone saw them right now. Sure, they were in the middle of a big crowd, but Shuhei felt more for this girl than he did for anyone else, including the people spread out around them. Shuhei wanted to cry in relief when he felt the familiar feeling of her lips on his, her familiar taste on his tongue and her familiar weight in his arms. After a few more moments, moments that Shuhei deemed to be far too short for his liking, [Name] pulled away and rested her forehead on his.

Shuhei smiled softly, looking into her eyes lovingly. “I’ve missed you as well [Name],’ he teased her playfully, causing [Name] to laugh slightly at him.

“I’ve missed you, you big lug,” she teased him in return, unwinding her legs from around his waist and sitting her feet on the ground. She was a measly height, no where near his five eleven stature, and so she was forced to look up at him when she spoke to him. It wasn’t that she minded though; she really didn’t.

“So did you meet a nice European man whil you were over there? When’s the wedding?” Shuhei teased, earning a playful punch in his shoulder.

“I’m not marrying anyone but you and I’m not seeing anyone but you. That’s what this is for,” she stated, lifting her hand and wiggling her fingers in his face to show him the engagement ring he had mailed to her two months ago. “You couldn’t have waited?”

Shuhei just shrugged, taking her hand in his and leading her towards the luggage claim. “I couldn’t wait. Now let’s get your bags and head home. There are other things that I can’t wait for either,” he teased, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

“You pervert!” [Name] teased with a laugh, following him on into their future together.