Protector [Subaru Sakamaki Drabble]

To Subaru Sakamaki, humans were nothing more but a nuisance. They were weak, meant only to provide the blood that he needed to stay alive. He hated all of them; they were nothing but pestering, like the flies that annoyed the face of a horse. Honestly, he could do without them if it didn't mean him dying as well.

But despite all of that, he slowly found himself becoming more and more attached to the girl beneath him. To Subaru, [Name] was more than a food source, nowhere close to being a nuisance. To Subaru, she actually meant something. His brothers were the nuisance now, always trying to drink from her. Subaru feared that, one day, he would wake up and find that Laito had let himself go while drinking from her soft, [color] neck.

Subaru didn't understand his feelings; any other time, he would let his brothers have their way, would let them drink dry any human being that wandered into the mansion. But Subaru had claimed her now; she was his and his alone. To him, only her blood would satisfy, and to her, only his bite would induce such feelings.

As Subaru continued his movements, the fragile girl beneath him held onto the frame of the bed for support, wondering if he would one day break her. Not only physically, but emotionally as well; of course she feared the idea that one day, Subaru would forget about her and move on to someone else. Subaru had the same fears as well; would [Name] start to prefer one of his brothers bites over his own? Would she get bored of what he had to offer her?

Subaru treated [Name] with care, in all aspects of what he did, most especially now. From the sounds that the girl was making, Subaru could only assume that he was doing something right. For the first time in his life, he was doing something right and he was making somebody happy.