Beautiful [Shiki Senri Ficlet]

“Do you think that she will like it?” Shiki asked softly, turning to look at the light orange haired female beside him. Rima sighed slightly, turning her blue eyes up to gaze into Shiki's own. She didn't understand why Shiki was so obsessed with making sure this gift was perfect. It was a diamond necklace that sparkled like the sun. The human girl Shiki planned on giving it to better like it or Rima herself would hurt the poor girl.

“You're over thinking it Senri,” she stated softly, following him downstairs and towards the gates of Cross Academy's grounds. Today was White Day and, since [Name] had given Senri something, he was inclined to give her something in return. While he had politely declined all of the other gifts thrust into his face, he had been unable to do the same with [Name]'s gift, even though it was the same as every other gift offered to him. Home-made chocolate, like it normally was.

There was something special about [Name]s home-made chocolate. Perhaps Shiki was only thinking this because the girl constantly plagued his mind and kept him interested in her. As the two vampires stepped out into the sunlight, Shiki was able to hear the screams of all of the Day Class girls waiting outside, hoping that their gifts would be repaid in kind. Of course they would; everyone in the Night Class was a stickler for tradition.

Senri wondered if [Name] was screaming along with the other girls, chanting his name, but thenhe thought better of it. She wasn't the kind of girl to scream and cry out for attention. The first time Shiki had seen her, she had been standing next to one of the other girls who had forced her to greet the Night Class males, looking quite uncomfortable to be there.

And that's when his fascination started.

“Senri, pay attention. You're drifting off,” Rima stated, getting his attention by nudging him forward. Sighing, Shiki began to follow the others through the screaming crowd. While everyone else had numerous gifts to hand out to the females, Shiki only had one and his eyes scanned the crowd until he found the one girl he was looking for.

[Name], as usual, stood uncomfortably next to her friend, looking as if she wanted to be anywhere but where she was right now. Smiling slightly, Shiki turned to head in her direction and once the other girls noticed him heading their way, they began to scream and crowd in front of [Name]. Shiki heard her gasp of shock due to being shoved around by the other girls and it irritated him; why were so many humans to brutish and vulgar with their displays of affection? Simple things were enough, so long as your significant other knew you truly loved them.

Shiki approached the writing group of girls but ignored them, pretty much forcing his way through the first few before they started parting on their own, looking at one another in confusion. What was Senri doing, anyways? That's what they were all wondering, some of them whispering amongst themselves, but he drowned their voices out with his own thoughts. When his eyes suddenly landed on [Name], he stopped in front of her and looked down at her.

[Name] returned his gaze softly and curiously; she didn't understand why Shiki had forced his way through so many girls just to get to her. It made no sense; she had told him she didn't want anything in return for the chocolates, that she had only hoped he would enjoy them as he ate them.

“Don't look so confused, [Name]. I wanted to give you something,” he stated softly, pulling out the perfectly wrapped necklace and handing it to her. The other girls gasped in jealousy, crowding as close as they could to try and get a glance at what he had gotten the girl. That was, until Shiki looked at them in annoyance, causing them to back off and find someone else to pester.

[Name] began to open his gift hesitantly, unwrapping the ribbon tied around the box before opening it. When her eyes landed on the necklace, she stared at it in shock before putting the lid back on it, pressing it against his chest.

“I can't take this Senri-sama. It's too much,” she mumbled softly, looking back at him when he took the necklace from her hands, only to open the box and pull it out.

“Yes you can. I want you to. Besides, it would hurt my feelings if you didn't,” he said softly.

[Name] started up at him before sighing, turning and lifting her hair to expose her neck to him. The irony of this situation had Senri smiling as he wrapped the necklace around her delicate throat and clasped it shut, letting it fall down against her chest.

“I want you to wear it always and think of me every time you look at it,” he stated, lifting her hand to his lips to kiss it gently before walking off with the rest of the Night Class. She was beautiful; that diamond necklace could not compare to her, but Shiki could tell she was happy to receive the gift, for she rolled it between her fingers as she watched him walking away.