Just Ask [Neji Hyuuga Ficlet]

Neji sighed in annoyance as he once again heard the annoying whispering of [Name] behind him as he walked down the streets of Konoha. Although, Neji didn't quite know why he considered it to be whispering when he could clearly hear her as if she were standing next to him. He didn't understand her; perhaps she had been hanging around Sakura and Ino for too long. Seriously, she could tell him everything she was 'whispering' to them now to his face and he wouldn't get annoyed by it. It was the whispering that was most annoying to him.

When a few particularly suggestive idea's came out of her mouth, Neji rolled his eyes but continued on. He wondered if [Name] knew that he was keeping up with everything that she was saying so that he could come back to her later on in the day. But then, of course she knew he was. Otherwise, she wouldn't be putting so much trouble into 'whispering' and following him around constantly when he was busy trying to do other things.

Finally, Neji decided that he could take no more and he turned to face the trio of girls that had been following him around. They all came to a stop and Ino shared a confused look at Sakura, but [Name] was only smiling in triumph; she had finally gotten his attention.

Stalking over to them, Neji went straight up to [Name] and tangled his hands in her hair, swiftly pulling her in for a kiss, pressing his lips against hers and kissing her like she had 'suggestively whispered' to her friends just moments before. He could hear the other two girls gasp in shock, but he didn't care. Even if he knew that this was seriously out of character for him, he had went through with it anyways to get [Name] to shut the hell up.

After a few seconds, he pulled away before looking down at her.

“How many times do I have to tell you that whispering annoys me?” he grumbled, letting her hair sift slowly through his fingers as he stared down at her.

[Name] smiled before she shrugged playfully. “A lot?”

“Besides, if you wanted me to kiss you, all you had to do was say something and I would've done so. No need to whisper about it,” he stated, reaching up to flick her nose gently before turning around and walking off, leaving her standing with a cute smile on her face.

Neji didn't understand why she always resorted to whispering about him just to get him irritated enough to kiss her and shut her up. All [Name] had to do was ask for a kiss; she was his girlfriend for a reason, after all.