Alone [Shu Sakamaki Drabble]

He should have known better than to get close to another human. Shu had been stupid to believe that maybe, just this once, he would be able to get close to a human without losing them. But even now, he was staring down at [Name]'s lifeless body lying across her bed, her once vibrant [color] eyes dull of all life. Shu had seen many emotions in those eyes; happiness, fear, anger. He had never thought he wouldn't see anything in them.

Climbing onto the bed, he gathered [Name] up in his arms and sat back against her head board, holding her against his chest as his music played lowly in his ears and he played with her hair gently. Shu should have never even formed a bond with the weak human girl in his arms. His brothers liked her blood to much; there would have been no way she would have lasted long.

He found himself wondering why he didn't just protect her; he couldn't protect Edgar, he should have made up for that with [Name]. Yet once again, he had lost somebody dear to him. Shu was tired of caring, was tired of humans being so weak. Maybe it would just all be better if humans didn't exist to tempt him in the first place. Maybe then, he wouldn't feel so alone once he lost one of them.

His blue gaze moved over to the window and he looked outside through the dark, wondering if there was another human out there who he could come to care for, without them dying on him. Sighing slightly, he moved and placed [Name] back on the bed gently, closing her eyes before looking down at the obvious bite mark on her wrist.

Reaching up, he switched to another song before turning and leaving the room. It was time to find Kanato and tell him that he now had another doll to play with.