Late Night Confessions [Ichigo Kurosaki x Reader]

[Name] lay silently next to her sleeping boyfriend, her head resting gently on his shoulder and her arm sprawled out across his chest. Ichigo had just gotten back from the Soul Society once more, running off to help them deal with yet another problem.

[Name] loved Ichigo, but she hated how he was always running off to them. She understood they were his friends, but more times than not, it lead to cancelled plans or rescheduled dates. That's just how Ichigo was, she supposed. He would help his friends no matter what it took. On his return this time, he had sought [Name] out, spending the night with her and letting her know that she was loved.

A shiver went through [Name]'s body, a thin sheet the only thing placed over their naked bodies. Sighing, she moved closer to Ichigo. Even in his sleep, Ichigo felt her presence and his arm curled around her body, pulling her ever closer. Smiling slightly, [Name] kissed his chest, taking in the warmth that was radiating from his body, easily chasing the chill away.

Despite being happy with Ichigo in the here and now, [Name] could not help but wonder how long it would actually all last. When would he go running off to save his friends once more? Each time he did, [Name] wondered if it would be the last time, if Ichigo would ever even come back at all. The thought of him dying didn't settle well and her eyes began to tear up. Shaking her head, she buried her face against his side, earning a grumble from the orange haired male.

"[Name]... What's wrong?" he asked, sitting up and resting against his elbow to look down at his girlfriend, using his free hand to brush the tears from her eyes.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

[Name] shook her head, taking Ichigo's hand in her own and looking up at him with a slight smile.

"Just thinking about things again Ichigo.. You know how I am," she stated softly, earning a soft smile from Ichigo.

"You overthink quite a lot, [Name]. Come here," he stated, pulling her into his arms and laying back down with her body sprawled across his, the softness of her body pressing against the firmness of his own.

"I know I've been ditching you a lot. I'm surprised you're still willing to be with me.. But I promise you, no matter what it takes, that I will always come back to you. Do you think I go to help them just because it's for them? By keeping them safe, they are able to help me keep you safe. If something happened to you... I wouldn't know what to do," Ichigo admitted, hugging [Name] a little tighter.

Smiling, she leaned forward and kissed Ichigo gently before placing her head back on his chest.

"Just keep coming back," she stated.

So long as Ichigo came back to her, alive and still loving her, then [Name] didn't have much to really complain about. She knew that one day, Ichigo would get better about dashing off, but she supposed she would have to deal with that for now, seeing as how he was some kind of superhero.

Ichigo mumbled something, signalling to [Name] that he had already fallen back into a deep sleep, keeping his arms banded tightly around her so that she wouldn't be able to get away.