Savior [Kakashi Hatake x M! Reader]

Kakashi wasn't sure what had went wrong. Everyone had seemed to be going so well. [Name] had been going to all his appointments, had been doing everything that the therapist had recommended he do, including no longer being a ninja. But none of it had worked. Which was why Kakashi was standing with his friend now, watching as [Name] looked down over the edge of the cliff, to the water slamming against the rocks below.

"Why would you follow after me Kakashi?" [Name] asked, glancing over his shoulder with sadness shining brightly in his [color] eyes.

Kakashi frowned ever so slightly at [Name]'s question. To Kakashi, it was a no brainer why he had chased after [Name] after he had ran across his friend collapsed and sobbing in some abandoned alley way back in the village. However, he knew that it was not that simple for [Name]. He knew that [Name] most likely thought that he was nothing but a burden to Kakashi, to everyone in the village. That he felt worthless and defeated. The therapist had told him those were common thoughts for someone with depression as severe as [Name]'s.

"Why wouldn't I, [Name]? I couldn't let you run off on your own," he stated softly, letting [Name] keep the comfort of the distance between them. Kakashi didn't want to pressure him, didn't want him to think that there was only one way out.

"You must be tired. Tired of seeing me crying and running after me every single time," [Name] stated.

He knew it was true; no doubt Kakashi hated always having to be the one everyone sent after [Name] every time that he ran off. He could see them all now, dreading coming out after the crazy guy, the guy who kept thinking about killing himself to save them all the misery of constantly watching over him. He had been getting better, he had been, but something had triggered this last episode and he had no idea what it was.

"[Name], I would let you cry all over me if that was what it took for you. I come after you because I care," Kakashi stated.

He had to tread lightly, right? Saying anything wrong could just make [Name] jump without saying a word.

[Name] seemed hesitant at Kakashi's words. They couldn't be true, although Kakashi sounded and seemed very sincere. He was a burden to his friends. When Kakashi took a step closer, [Name]'s gaze flicked up to meet his friends, which was full of worry and... love. That was it, wasn't it? Love.

"Come on, [Name]. We're missing our night," Kakashi stated, reaching a hand out towards [Name], a gentle smile on his face.

Their night? That was right. Kakashi would always sit and watch the latest movie he had picked out with him. After [Name] had stopped being a ninja, not that he had ever been much of a good one, he had tried finding multiple things to occupy his time. Kakashi had suggested that [Name] read, but one attempt at reading Kakashi's books had sent him blushing towards the hills. Kakashi, of all people, giving him that book, it had made him feel strange.

Taking a hesitant step, [Name] placed his hand in Kakashi's and gasped when his friend pulled him closer, squeezing him tight in a hug. At first, [Name] was shocked that Kakashi was acting like this. Normally, he simply walked along with [Name] trailing behind him. But tonight, it was different.

"[Name]... What movie do you want to watch this time?" Kakashi asked, pulling away but leaving his hands resting on [Name]'s upper arms.

[Name] thought about it for a moment before smiling ever so gently.

"Why don't you pick?" he stated, taking Kakashi by the hand before leading him back towards the village.

Here he was again, running off thinking he was useless. But, as always, Kakashi was right behind him. His friend, his savior. He always would be.