Chase Away My Fears [Itachi Uchiha x OC Drabble]

Shakirie had tried sleeping through the storm, she really had. But even deep within the base, as dark as it was, she was still able to tell that lightning was raging outside as heavy torrents of rain fell. Biting her lip, she rolled over in her warm bed and shook the shoulder of the raven haired male lying peacefully next to her, oblivious as to what was going on outside.

“Itachi... Itachi, wake up,” she mumbled softly, leaning over the males shoulder. She watched his face twitched, feeling her blond hair brushing over his pale skin.

“Shakirie, why aren't you sleeping?” he asked in his monotone voice, his black eyes looking up at her through the darkness. Although, as soon another flash of light shone through the room and Shakirie jumped slightly, he knew why.

Itachi had still not yet come to understand how an S-ranked criminal like his lover could be afraid of lightning. But he never pestered her about it or teased her. Instead, Itachi rolled over and lifted the covers up to allow her to move closer to him. He understood now why she wasn't asleep and he didn't question her any further.

Shakirie immediately moved closer to Itachi's warm chest and curled up against him, pressing her face into the fall of his raven hair to hide the light from the the storm. When Itachi's arms wrapped securely around her, Shakirie relaxed even further and she looked up at him, kissing his jaw line softly.

“I love you Itachi,” she said gently, causing the normally neutral expression on his face to turn into a slight smile.

“And I love you Shakirie. Now get some sleep. I won't let you get hurt in the storm,” he said lowly, pulling her ever closer, even though it would never be close enough for either of them.