Smell My Feet [Naruto Uzumaki Ficlet]

[Name] sat underneath the shade of a huge tree, enjoying the feeling of the cool breeze as it blew over her skin and caused her [length][color] hair to ruffle around on her head. She couldn’t believe it; she was finally getting a break. A break from missions, a break from her team, a break from everything. She felt like she had been going nonstop for almost two weeks now, so of course she was excited about this.

Sighing, she shut her eyes and leaned back against the thick trunk. She didn’t even let the fact that the trunk was completely uneven and rock hard annoy her. How could she? How could anybody let anything ruin their time off?

“No missions, no team. Just me, myself and I,” she said softly, beginning to hum a soft tune to herself. It wasn’t anything in specific, just something that she had heard around the village on occasion. And it was definitely helping her get into a relaxed mood. She felt her body beginning to relax, to sag back against the tree. She wanted so badly to just give in and let herself fall asleep right here, but she didn’t want to waste her day off by sleeping it away. She wanted to go out, maybe spend a bit of her saved money on herself for a change.

A sudden rustling noise from above caught her attention and she barely had time to peel one of her [color] eyes open before a pair of feet were suddenly shoved into her face.

“Ah! What the hell!?” she screamed as she tried to shove them away, hearing laughter from up above her.

“Ha! Hey [Name], smell my feet!” came the excited voice that unmistakably belonged to Naruto Uzumaki.

“Naruto!” she yelled, suddenly latching onto his ankles.

“Huh?”

Naruto gave a surprised look when she suddenly jerked him down from the tree, causing him to face plant on the ground in front of her. Naruto groaned, lifting his head to rub his now sore face.

“What was that for {Name]?” he asked, looking back at her over his shoulder, immediately trying to scramble away when he saw that she was about to kick him.

“Gah! Stop trying to kill me, it was only a joke!” he yelled, holding his hands up and showing her that he surrendered.

“That was the stupidest idea for a joke that you’ve ever come up with you idiot!” [Name] yelled before sighing, sitting back down on the ground. “Next time, you won’t get off of the hook so easily.”

Naruto sighed, leaning back on his arms and looking over at her. “Jeez, learn to take a joke.”

“What did you just say!?” [Name] hollered, glaring over at him.

Naruto jerked back at her reaction before jumping up and running away.

“That stupid idiot,” [Name] grumbled, looking up above her. How had he gotten up there without her noticing? She suddenly noticed his shoes and she began to grin. It looked like it was time to play a prank of her own.