Stupid Strawberry [Ichigo Kurosaki Ficlet]

"What are you doing?” Ichigo mumbled as his girlfriend of two years, [Name], came walking towards him with a face painting set. [Name] smiled innocently before she sat down next to Ichigo.

“I just want to paint something on your face,” she said softly, although she pouted when Ichigo began to shake his head.

“I don’t want you painting anything on my face, [Name]. I’m not a kid, I don’t enjoy those kinds of things anymore,” he stated rather bluntly. [Name] pouted some more, reaching up to tug gently at her [length] [color] in confusion.

“Ichigo, please. I just want to do something really quick. It won’t take me long at all. Besides, I promised Karin and Yuzu that I would make a face painting booth at the next festival so I need some practice,” she said to him seriously, hoping that he would agree now that she had brought his sisters up.

Ichigo looked over at her with his brown eyes for a few moments, taking in her face, before he sighed in defeat. He could never say no to either her pouting face or the fact that she was doing something to help make his little sisters happy.

“Fine,” he mumbled, turning to face her fully. “But make it quick.”

Smiling joyfully, [Name] opened her kit and got down to business. By the time that she was done, there was a huge grin on her face and she was trying hard not to laugh at Ichigo. Her boyfriend raised his eyebrow at her, wondering what she was going on about.

“What did you even paint?” he asked as she handed him a small mirror.

“Just look for yourself Ichi,” she said, putting her hand to her mouth as she watched him. Ichigo first looked shocked and the annoyed at the pattern on his face. “Are you kidding me, [Name]? I look stupid with a strawberry painted on my face,” he grumbled, glaring over at her.

However, it was hard for name to take him seriously since he looked so cute. “All you would need to do is dye your hair green and then you’d look even cuter.”

“Even stupider you mean,” he muttered with a sigh.

“Hey, you make look stupid, but you’re my stupid strawberry, got it?” she asked with a smile, leaning in and kissing his lips gently, one of the things that she’d left unpainted.

“I guess you’re right. But now, it’s my turn,” Ichigo said, grabbing his girlfriend and pinning her down to the couch to start his own project on her face this time.