I helped him get dressed, looking away when necessary, then set out to get showered and dressed myself. In half an hour, we were out the door.

The car journey consisted of music blaring from the speakers and bickering between us of who got to pick the next song. My choices mainly consisted of Lil Peep and Kendrick Lamar, whereas Finn was desperate for some stuff from The Neighbourhood and LANY. The music started to blur in my head after the fifth song, but one did stick in my head. It was called "Fallingforyou" by The 1975. It was slow, yet extremely powerful. Finley was humming to it quietly. I stole a glance in his direction. With the music playing and the wind dancing in from the open window through his hair, I was utterly breathless. On this night, and in this light, I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you. That particular lyric was running laps through my mind. I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you, and maybe you, change your mind. My heart was racing. My head was fuzzy. Maybe I was falling for him? There was a small chance, I guess. I'd never felt like this before, so that must count for something. But then I highly doubt he feels the same way.

I pulled up outside Finn's house. I got him to wait in the car while I went on the ultimate stealth mission through the front door, past his parents room, and into his room. I crept silently through the house, terrified of every squeak and crack I heard as I set my foot on the wooden floorboards. Finley said his parents usually woke up about half an hour from now, so I was all good.

Cautiously, I snuck into his room. It was the first time I'd been in, so I thought it was only customary of me to casually have a snoop around. I flicked through piles of CDs and audiobooks, nothing of much interest. However, I was rather impressed by his extensive collection of beanie bears. They were neatly placed along a shelf stretching from one side of the pasty wall to the other. Each bear was unique. One was completely purple in colour and another served splashes of mint green and pastel pink along its fur. A silent giggle escaped me. I'd have to interrogate him about them later.

Focusing back on my mission, I caught sight of the uniform hanging loosely from the door of his wardobe. I grabbed the shirt, jumper and trousers and shoved them in duffle bag I'd brought. Now I had to escape without being caught. I prayed that I didn't wake any of his family, otherwise I would have had a lot of explaining to do.

The house was pitch black, apart from the early morning sun trickling in through the cracks in the curtains. I edged back towards the front door, only the mere sound of my panicked breaths probing suspicion. My throat was dry and my fingers shaky. I could see my car (which Dad had finally given me back) parked in the distance. I could see Finley's silhoutte peeking through the tainted windows. He looked like he was singing along to the radio, the way his lips curled and eyes cracked shut every so often.

I reached the door handle, gripping the golden knob with my quivering grasp. I jiggled it, pushing it open, and quietly exited the house, making sure to shut it behind me just as soundlessly.

I sprinted over to my car and leapt inside. "You're welcome," I panted.

"Eh," he smirked.

"Geez, I risked a jail sentence for your petty-arse, you ungrateful little bastard!" I gasped, mockingly.

"And, for that, I owe you my life," he teased.

"Whatever," I grunted. "Where to?"

"Somewhere."

"Somewhere?"

"Anywhere but here."

"What? Like, some other place than your parents front yard? 'Coz I was kinda hoping we could hang out here all day," I joked.

"Stop being a sarcastic bitch, that's my job!" He whaled.

"I guess you're rubbing off on me then," I grinned.

"Maybe too much," he scowled, playfully.

We ended up settling on going to a local café for breakfast. I ordered a Full English, whereas Finn got a bacon and egg roll. The food was quick to come and we soon dug in. "So..." Finn began.

"So?"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why me? Why are you having breakfast with littlr ol' me, huh? I mean, you are Zakary Peters, after all. Football legend, lady killer, all-round charmer. So, why me out of the whole population of Manchester you could have chose from?"

I looked at him for a moment before answering. I absorbed his sincerity like it was alcohol on a Friday night. Sweet bliss. He was acting smaller than me and, for once, acted like I had authority over him. Though usually I would enjoy the praise, his words seemed more insecure in himself than anything, and that's the last thing I would've wanted.

Licking my lips, I answered "Well, why not?" His face contorted with bitter humour, not a look I was familiar with. He laughed a short, dry chuckled before going to respond.

"Yes, but what about that girl you lost your virginity to? What about the lad that witnessed your first ever goal in football. Why me over then?"

"Because they don't matter to me. Finley, you make me feel something that I didn't know existed. Before you, I... I was lost. I couldn't figure myself out. But then you came along and helped me out of the darkness. I'm glad I met you in the restaurant that night. Otherwise, I'd still be aimlessly searching." Even I couldn't believe my own words. I wasn't one for expressing emotions, so such a speech really hit me hard. I saw tears welling in Finley's eyes.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever told me, like, ever," he smiled. "Thank you."

"Anytime." And then we continued our breakfast as if nothing had changed, yet the entire false world that I had spent years perfecting
was crumbling down around me more and more by the minute.

Song : 'Glad You came' - The Wanted❤