Chapter 39

Chapter 39: just eat!
Tuesday
Hiccup pov

I slowly opened my eyes to be blinded by the sun that was rushing through my window. I let out a groan rolling over to the other side of the bed wanting to go back to sleep. I jolted up when I heard a groan come from someone and looked down to see Astrid sleeping in my bed next to me.

I smiled fondly at her seeing her looking so peaceful and innocent. Her blond hair was slightly wavy framing her pale face quite well. Her long eyelashes touched her rosy red cheeks. Astrid was so stunning but she had no idea of the gorgeous girl that I see.

After a few more minutes of watching Astrid I realised that I should probably go and make some breakfast for me and Astrid. And I'll just hope that she eats the food. Slowly I got out of bed waking my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning son," my eyes widened as I looked up and saw my dad making breakfast. A large smile made its way into my face I had forgotten what it felt like to have my dad making me breakfast.

"Morning dad," I walked over and started helping him make the eggs to put into the toast.

"How's Astrid," my dad looked at me with a sad smile.

"Yeah she's okay she didn't do anything last night which is good," I rubbed my hands over my eyes trying not to stress to much about Astrid. My dad gave me a sympathetic smile as I let out a yawn.

"Morning," I heard a quiet voice come from the stairs I looked up to see Astrid wearing a long sleeve jumper and some leggings.

"Morning," I replied making my way up to Astrid give her a hug. As I wrapped my arms around her my dad walked over pulling everyone in for a group hug. I watched as Astrid smiled happily closing her eyes loving the way we were so close to each other.

Eventually we pulled away as I walked over to the bench to grab Astrid's breakfast for her knowing that she would never have it if I wasn't here to make and give it to her.

"Eat up," I placed the plate on the counter before sitting opposite her.

"I'm not hungry," She shrugged pushing away the plate of food that sat in front of her. At this I let out a sigh while looking up at her. My father was watching the whole thing looking nervously between both of us.

"Astrid honestly you need to eat, so eat," I let out a huff of air getting annoyed at Astrid stubbornness, she just needed to eat the food and we can go to school.

Astrid just shook her head crossing her arms together and keeping her mouth sealed. Angrily I stood up from my seat not wanting to be denied anymore my dad had put time and effort into making this and she wouldn't even eat it.

"Fine then don't eat you can just starve to death I don't care," I shot Astrid a glare before grabbing my bag and walking out to the car not wanting to be in that room anymore. I sat in the drivers seat but not starting up the car. I realised what I said back there I practically said that I didn't care if she died and I became extremely guilty at my words they where not at all true I just wanted her to eat her food.

My head jerked up when there was a knock at the window and I saw my dad standing there. I got out of the car to go and talk to him and then go and apologies to Astrid for my unkind words.

"I think Astrid needs you she ran upstairs crying I don't really know what to do because she's a girl and all." I nodded my head making my way into the house and up the stairs.

"Hiccup what you said was awful and we will talk about this behaviour later on," I just continued walking up the stairs slightly bowing my head in shame. I gently knocked on Astrid's door but didn't get a response making me panic slightly opening the door to only see Astrid sobbing into her knees scratching uncontrollably at her wrists making her cuts open.

I quickly ran over to her holding onto both her hands pulling them away from her wrists. Astrid looked up but only sobbed louder when she saw it was me.

"I though you wouldn't care if I died," Astrid said quietly letting out a sad sob making my heart break at the noise she sounded so sad and broken just knowing I was the reason she is like makes me so disgusted at myself.

"Astrid I was just mad because you wouldn't eat but there are no excuses as to why I said that to you it was in the heat of the moment and I swear I didn't mean anything I said." I placed a small kiss into her forehead as her cries died down a bit.

"Let's get you cleaned up," I gestured to her slightly bloody wrists as I helped her up and into the bathroom. I grabbed everything and did them all up so they wouldn't get infected. Astrid still didn't meet my eye when I finished.

"We should go to school," Astrid mumbled as she made her way into her room pulling a fresh jumper over her head tugging the sleeves down over the bandages.

"I meant what I said you know," I looked at her but she didn't meet my eyes only looking down picking up her bag.

"Yeh okay," she shrugged her shoulders before making her way downstairs. I frowned sadly as Astrid she was just acting like what I said was true. But I smiled slightly as I watched her pass my dad and give him a small hug before continuing out into the car as I followed behind her saying goodbye to my dad and sitting in the drivers seat. I let out a sad sigh as I saw Astrid looking out the car window with tears making their way down her cheeks.

"Astrid I truly am sorry. I love you so much and I didn't mean to hurt you,"

"D-did you just say you love me?"

Welp

I'm

Here

Leave in the comments what you want to see happen..

- asty xox

"