Chapter 28

Chapter 28: get a room
-hiccup pov-
Friday night

"No you move your left foot over to the red circle" Astrid laughed at Snotlout attempting to play twister and failing miserably his attempts where cut short, "Ahhhh" Fishleg toppled over causing Snotlout to be knocked off his feet.

"Oi you made me loose" Snotlout accused fishlegs who just shrugged and walked over to get more pizza ignoring the annoyed Snotlout glaring holes on the back of his head.

"Ah ha, I win, I win you loose" Ruff ran around pointing a 'L' sign at Snotlout who just sulked in the corner. I laughed at this group of people I called my friends we where so different but just worked together so well. I looked over to see Astrid was sitting in the corned talking with Ruff, Heather and Fishlegs. I just realised how close Astrid and Ruff had gotten they really where becoming great friends.

I looked away from the group as someone tapped on my shoulder, I looked over to see Snotlout biting his lip looking slightly nervous "you ok?" He mumbled and I was completely confused as to why he said that so randomly and out of the blue.

"Yeh why?"

"Just making sure your not, you know cutting anymore" Snotlout looked as if it was hard to say that. I just looked down not wanting to meet his eye, I hadn't cut again I had thought about it a few times but put it away because I can't let myself fall into that hole of depression and cutting.

"I'm fine it was a one time thing like I said" I tried to convince him but he just looked down at the many bracelets that covered my arm. "I swear I haven't I'm fine don't worry" I smiled at Snotlout, but I could tell the way his eyes still looked worried.

"I lost my sister to suicide I don't want to loose a friend as well" Snotlout whispered to me looking into my eyes. I was shocked I never knew Snotlout had a sister and now I felt awful for him. He just gave me a small smile and walked away to sit with the others.

Wow I did not expect that, but that explains the way he acted when he saw my cuts he probably didn't want me to go through what his sister did. There was a whole new side to Snotlout I was not aware of and it's blown me away. But how awful that would of been for Snotlout to go through the death of his sibling when he knew he could of stopped it or at least help her.

I got up and walked over to the pizza that sat on the glass table in the middle of the room next to the abandoned twister mat. I needed to just make Snotlout happy and assure him that I'm not suicidal.

I let out a sigh as I picked up a meat lovers pizza because they are the best type of pizza with all their meet and sat down next to Astrid.

"Do you want any pizza?" I gently asked Astrid while tuff and Heather continued on in their own conversation. "Uh I could have a bite" that made me smile we where already making progress and it had been like 30 minutes.

I gave her a meat lovers and a Hawaiian just in case she wasn't too big of a fan on the meat lovers. I was just proud of Astrid for trying a few bits of pizza it might not seem like much but it was better than nothing.

"We are not watching fault in our stars, it's so depressing"

"Well it's better than sponge bob the movie!"

"Sponge bob is going to hunt you down"

"Spouse bob is as useful as a sponge"

I rolled my eyes at Tuffs and Fishlegs bantering they could never decide on one thing it's like a dog and cat agreeing on having cat food or dog food for dinner. Makes no sense but still. I felt a light touch on my hand, I looked behind me to see Astrid intwining out hands together.

My breathing stopped and a smile made its way onto my face. I sat back and pulled Astrid closer to me, my stomach was going wild but I just smiled and enjoyed this moment.

"Woah get a room hiccstrid" my face went red as I looked up at Snotlout smirking at us practically cuddled up on the couch. Astrid seemed to be in the same boat she looked red faced. My heart sped up when she just hid her face in my chest and wrapping her arms around my torso.

"Can we just watch a movie?" Astrid mumbled into my chest as everyone looked at us, they all looked surprised at our position but no one commented on it because Heather looked like she would kill anyone that would ruin the moment.

"Oh let's watch rise of the guardians!" Fishlegs suggested, everyone nodded their heads in agreement. So the movie was started and everyone was huddled up on the couch. I pulled Astrid closer as she rested her head on my shoulder. Her calm breathing made me almost fall asleep.

"Thank you" Astrid whispered in my ear, we where in the middle of the movie and I looked over wondering what she was thanking me for, I hadn't done anything and she was thanking me out of the blue.

"For what"

"For being you" Astrid smiled at me as my stomach was churning but then my heart stopped beating as she leaned up to me and placed her lips onto my cheek. My face just turned even more red, Astrid just kissed my cheek.

She pulled away, and looked me in the eyes she gave me a small smile before sitting back down and laying her head back on my shoulder. My heart was beating loudly and I'm sure Astrid could be able to hear it.

Astrid my crush just kissed my cheek, it came out of no where did this mean she liked me? Did this mean she was just being friendly? I had no idea I was so confused but so happy. My smile never left my face during the whole movie I finally felt happy.

---
Instagram: all.things.hiccstrid

I'm tired but I'm not as sick anymore

Love you all

- asty xoxo