Chapter 37

Not edited
Chapter 37: coming home
- Monday -
Hiccup pov

"So Heather are you sure you don't want to, have all of this?" Snotlout smirked gesturing to himself while he was flexing his muscles. Heather looked absolutely done with him as she just rolled her eyes and continued on with a different conversation completely ignoring Snotlout who was trying to shove his muscles in her face but gave up when realising she wasn't interested.

I glanced over at Astrid seeing her smiling and laughing although she wasn't smiling as wide, she had been down since her relapse not as happy and a lower self esteem. Like on Saturday we where cuddling on the couch after Astrid had a small sleep upstairs in her room I made sure to check on her just in case. After she woke up I gave her a talk about how I am here for her and how everyone is here. And that she can talk to anyone and she didn't have to resolve to cutting.

When we where on the couch I wrapped my arms around her waist I could feel her sucking in and that honestly make me feel sick to the stomach just the fact that Astrid didn't want me to touch her so called 'fat'. It honestly upset me that she believed that she was chubby she was so skinny and I didn't know how to show her what I see.

"Hiccup why are you wearing so many bracelets?" My eyes slightly widened at the question that Heather asked. I glanced down at the many bracelets that where used to cover up my scars, I didn't know what to say I looked up and saw Snotlout and Astrid looking nervously at me.

"Just like the l-look of them I guess," my gaze didn't meet Heathers eyes I just gave her a small smile and just looked back down at the plate going back to eating my lunch. It was quiet for a few minutes everyone just talking when someone came and sat next to me.

"Hey Hiccup," The strong Scottish accent didn't make it hard to figure out it was Merida who was there. I heard the whole table go quiet as I looked up at her, her wild red curls flying everywhere and a small smirk on her face.

"Oh uh hey," I wasn't expecting Merida to come over in front of everyone especially in front of Astrid after she asked if we where dating. I heard Astrid shift in her seat behind me and I already knew it was because Merida was here. A lot of the time Astrid really hated making new friends that's why she only got this group and that's it, I'm surprised she let me into her life. I gently place my hand on Astrid's thy rubbing up and down reassuring her.

"So Snotlout right?" Merida started talking to the others I zoned out not really caring about what they where talking about I just wanted to make sure Astrid was okay. I looked at her hands to see them squeezing the edge of the table. I started to realise that she does that when she has the urge to hurt herself. My heard dropped at the though of her wanting to hurt herself right now.

"Do you want to go out and grab a drink?" I whispered into her ear making sure no one else heard, Astrid just slightly nodded while we both stood up.

"We'll be back in a minute," I told the table but they where all too caught up in talking with each other the only one that heard was Merida. We made our way out of the cafeteria out into the hallways. I could tell Astrid wanted to scratch at her cuts by the way she grabbed both my hands and intwined our fingers together.

"Astrid you okay?" I gently rubbed my thumbs over the top of her hands. She nodded slowly before pulling me in for a hug. As cliche as it sounds my stomach was doing flips and my heart was pounding loudly just by Astrid's touch.

Astrid and I waited out in the corridors until lunch was over then we made our way over to our next classes.

— after school —

"Finally" I mumbled quietly to myself as I placed mine and Astrid's bag onto the counter. Astrid had gotten a bit better as the day went on and that made me at least somewhat happier about the situation. Astrid made her way upstairs into her room. I sighed slightly so much has been stressing me out lately and I don't know what to do. I was too young to deal with this much pressure.

I rubbed the sides my head as a small headache was thumping my head. I jerked my head upwards when I heard my phone ringing. I didn't bother checking the caller I.D before answering.

"Hello,"

"Hiccup boy," my eyes widened it was my dad he was back in a zone with reception.

"Oh my tho- dad!" I was so excited I miss my dad so much.

"Hiccup my boy, I'm coming home!" My smile widened even more at the words he just said. I hadn't felt this happy in ages my dad was finally coming home.

"When?" I excitedly moved the phone to my other ear while I shuffled in my seat waiting for the answer.

"I'm in the airport on my way home so I should be home later on tonight," my eyes widened as I let out a loud cheer.

"Dad you have no idea how much I have missed you," I was smiling so much and my tummy was filled with butterflies.

"I miss you too Hiccup, alrighty son I need to go but see you later tonight."

"Of course bye dad,"

I heard the three beeps sounding off the phone and I jumped up and around a wide smile on my face. I ran upstairs to Astrid's room I had to tell her about this. I opened the door and saw Astrid on her bed doing homework. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Astrid my dads coming home," I smiled at her and I saw her eyes widen and her smile grow. She quickly stood up and pulled me in for a hug.

"Oh my Hiccup that's great," she smiled down at me. I blushed slightly when she pulled me in for a small peck on the lip. I was so happy that I wrapped my arm around her neck making the kiss deeper. Slowly I wrapped my arms around Astrid's waist my hands slowly resting on her bum.

Well Christmas is tomorrow 💓

- Asty xoxo