Chapter 18

Chapter 18: she seems depressed

Hiccups POV

-Friday night-

"And then we went off and spent the day in the movies, it was a lot of fun. I mean Heather is so great to hang out with" Fishlegs was practically making love heart eyes.

"Well someone has the hots for Heather" I laughter at Fishlegs now red face. I looked back down to the English text book that sat on my lap.

Me and Fishlegs where at my house just doing homework together and I decided it would be good if we got closer. "What no, wait what about you and Astrid?" I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. I looked up acting like I had no idea what was going on.

"What about me and Astrid?" I actually wanted to know I just thought we looked like really good friends that where helping each other out. Nothing more nothing less. Right?

"What do you mean, it looks like you and Astrid are dating, the way your always with her asking if she ok-"

"Wait what do you mean asking if she ok?" I nervously cut Fishlegs off as I shuffled in my seat. He didn't know did he?

"Well that what boyfriends do right, and I dunno but I get a vibe from her that she so secretive, like you think you know everything about her them boom there's more you find out and then there's more. Heather always tells me how Astrid never invites her over she always invited her out, like Heather has never been to Astrid house, how crazy is that?" Fishlegs rambled on, but there's more to Astrid and Heather has never been to Astrid's house?

"That's weird I've been over to Astrid's house twice but only once I went in" I was surprised that Heather had never been in. "Wait? Astrid is so secretive about her life at home like no one knows about it not even Heather." I questioned.

"Yeh I worry about Astrid she's changed, I've known her since she was 5 and as soon as it hit teen year she got less lively never hanging out always alone, it worried me I hope she's ok" Fishlegs stated as he looked down slightly he did look worried and I should tell him what's going on, but Astrid never told me I could.

"Yeh, I mean do you thinks she like, depressed?" I questioned Fishlegs just to see if he thought she was. I already knew Astrid was depressed there was no doubt about it.

"Well yeh, she so sad all the time I'm truly scared for her safety, I mean at any moment she could hurt herself" Fishlegs frowned as he spoke.

"Yeh she could" I mumbled sadly as I rubbed my eyes, this was to much I felt bad for Astrid she didn't deserve any of this.

I was about to say something when my phone started ringing. I put up a finger signalling that I will only be a minute. I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"Hello?" I spoke up, I didn't check the caller id so i didn't know who it was.

"Hey Hiccup" Astrid voice was raspy and sounded like she needed so water

"Woah Astrid, are you ok?" I was quick to ask because last time we where on the phone, the call wasn't a very happy one.

"Yeh don't worry I'm fine, I just wanted to call you to ask if we could study tomorrow, at your house if possible?" I could hear the nervousness radiating off her through the phone.

"I mean only if you want to, you don't have to I'm annoying yeh I'm sorry oh god you probably don't want to go, I'm sorry doesn't matter" she stuttered but my heart was ripping apart at the way she apologised so fast thinking I didn't want to spend time with her.

"No no Astrid I would love to spend time with you your amazing, I'll meet you at my locker after school tomorrow?" I smiled that we where going to be spending more time together.

"Ok sure thankyou bye" I could her the smile in her voices

"Bye" my lips turned upward as I clicked the end button. She ok, that's all that mattered right now. I let out a sigh of relief knowing she was alright, I slipped my phone onto my pocket and made my way back to my room to see Fishlegs.

"Hey, who was that?" Fishlegs glanced up at me as I sat down onto the bed crossing my legs and picking up my pen. "Oh just Astrid asking if we can study tomorrow afternoon" I smiled at him before looking back down to my work.

"What? So it's getting pretty serious" Fishlegs joked to me a light chuckle left my mouth as I smiled. "No just a friendly catch up" I mumbled back as I chewed the end of my pencil.

"Come on I swear she's in love with you I mean if you weren't here she would be so much sadder and like who knows we would never see her she would always be at home" Fishlegs sadly smiled at me before looking back down to his book that rested in his lap.

I didn't say anything after that I just looked down and continued on with my work. I let out a sigh knowing that Astrid has serious depression and she never seems happy she's tired to kill herself and I've been able to save her once, I'm scared what if there's a time when I can't save her, I could never forgive myself when I know I could of helped her.

----
Pretty exciting chapter coming next, wow I'm so thankful my oneshots book has just reached 45k views!!! Omg wowwwowowo ugh I'm so happy I love you all so much and don't forget to vote xx

I love you all and thankyou all for the support

- asty xoxo