Chapter 6

Chapter 6: I'm sorry

OMG 850 VIEWS!!!! Love you all, can we get 1k?

- Friday -

Hiccup POV

I've only known Astrid for a few days but I can tell something's up, when ever I look in her eyes I can tell she's hiding something, the way her eyes are scared every time someone comes near her, or whenever I reach out to her and she flinches away.

And when she came back to school on thursday she looked like she had gotten in a punch up. There was a cut on her lip along with a big bruise covering her upper left arm.
She literally staggered her way into school. Me and the gang wanted to know what happened but she wouldn't budge all she said was

"I was walking my dog through the forest but then I felt down cutting myself on some trees and I fell on a rock" but I could tell that wasn't the story, I could tell with the way she fiddled her thumbs and she looked around the table quickly soaking up everyone's expression. Even Heather believed her but I can tell in her eyes something is up and I want to find out what it is, no matter what.

It was now Friday and Astrid still wasn't talking very much, she quietly sat at the table during lunch and I noticed she didn't eat anything Astrid just sat there listening to everyone's conversation but never joining in or adding any of her thoughts on the topics.

Too lost up in the gossip that was going on about 'how Snotlout finally talked to a girl that didn't want to throw him off a cliff the instant he opened his mouth' we where all proud of him but sorry for the poor girl who was dumb enough to let Snotlout talk to her.

I didn't notice Astrids spot was now empty, my heart started beating quickly as I quickly stood up causing a few eyes to look at me because I chair fell backwards at the sudden force. With out saying a word I took one last bite out of my burger before I chucked it in the bin and when looking for Astrid.

I'm a man on a mission

I walked down every hall, looked in every room but I still couldn't find her. I let out a sigh as I leaned my back against the toilet block. I was annoyed that I couldn't find Astrid until I heard a small whimpering sound coming from the girls bathroom. I shot up quickly causing my head to spin at how quickly I stood up, but that didn't stop me from approaching the girls toilets.

I then heard the whimper again but louder, the voice sounded like I knew it from somewhere. "Uh hello, are you, you ok in there" I asked kindly in a soft voice trying not to startle the girl. In return it was completely silent, no more whimpers or sniffling, nothing. I stayed quiet for a few more minutes until I heard the tap turn on.

I didn't want to look like a pervert so I stood ways from the toilets and waited for the person to come out, I didn't want to get into their business or anything but I just wanted to help them and maybe giving them a reassuring hug.

I then heard footsteps and there was Astrid walking out of the bathroom with bloodshot eyes and a fake smile on her face. My eyes widened in shock before I straight away pulled her in for a hug. No words needed to be exchanged before she sniffed into my chest and that was when I realised she was crying.

I rubbed soothing circles into her back, calming her down. "Astrid, are you ok," I asked gently trying to not push any buttons. But I guess I wasn't gentle enough because she pulled away quickly, catching me of guard.

"Does it look like I'm ok?" She gestured to her wet eyes down her body to her feet and I noticed all her clothes where crinkled and her shoes had a hole in one of them.

"Because I'm not, I so sick and tired of everything, all trying to hold it in, and everything, I'm so fucking over it I hate it I hate it so much that I just can't stand it anymore!" She yelled throwing her hands up in the air. At her little rant my heart clenched together as my whole body felt bad for her.

"I'm sorry I had no idea" I calmly soothed her as I took a few steps towards her making she she doesn't flinch away when I put my hands on her arms running them up and down.

"No it's ok I'm sorry I burst out like that, it's just school work ya know? It's getting pretty tough and I don't know how to handle it" Astrid spoke, although I believed her something in her eyes told me other wise.

I didn't push her anymore I just wrapped my arms around her in a soothing manner making sure she was ok, I whispered calming.  things in her ear. After a few minutes she weakly pulled away and I tried not to think about the loss of warmth I had, but I choose to ignore it.

"I'm sorry" I spoke up, her eyes widened in curiosity as to why I was apologising. I caught her expression and decided to elaborate on my point. "I pushed you into talking and I'm sorry, I hope your ok" I smiled down at her before I pulled her into another hug.

"Your amazing" I hear her mumble into my shirt. I smiled slightly as she gripped tighter before letting me go. "We should probably get to class" I spoke up as I looked at Astrid. She looked a lot better, and I realised maybe that was what was bothering her.

I smiled when she agreed and we walked to our lockers grabbing our books. Then we made our way to the science room with out books on hand as we shared stories and funny memories and that's when I finally felt at ease and I relived that, that was what was bothering Astrid so I could calm down and just chill.

If only I knew how wrong I was

--
Lol hiccup is so wrong

Do you like this book?

Lol there goes my " I'm going to write one chapter per night idea" because I just wrote 2 chapters in one night heheheh

Instagram: all.things.hiccstrid

I LOVE ALL MY READERS SO MUCH

mwah 💋

- Asty