Chapter 16

Chapter 16: I attempted suicide

(BIT BORING IN THE BEGINNING BUT THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO KILL YOU, *laughs evily*)

Hiccups POV

- Thursday night -

I let out a sigh as I placed my bags on my bed, alone once again, it had been about 2 weeks since I got the note from my dad that he was leaving and it's pretty lonely not gonna lie, I miss him I miss when we where a family with my mum and dad and me. Always eating breakfast together always, the three of us. Every family was jealous of us how close we where how I thought of my parents not as parents but as best friends.

But that loving family all changed when my mum out of no where went missing no trace of anything just gone. The police tried there hardest to find any clues and there was a search party but nothing was found. That was when my life changed me and my father started drifting apart he was always away and I got used to it and I know I would have to give up the dream of having the perfect family because that was never going to happen.

It was a hard time for me but I learnt to deal with it and kept on pushing my way through school. I unzipped my bag and pulled out my English textbook and a pencil. Laying it out on my bed with my feet crossed and my phone next to me I started on the first question but I didn't get to far when my phone started ringing.

I glanced at the caller id and it was Astrid, I smiled as I picked up the phone in one hand and kept the pencil in the other working on some questions. "Hello" I piped up though the phone making sure the mood for the call is happy.

"H-hiccup help m-me I-I sorry I-I h-had to m-many tablets I w-wanna die, uh I-I'm dizzy r-really really d-dizzy. Help m-me" Astrid pleaded through the phone her voice slurring. I heard her chocked out a sob and hear her mumble some words that I couldn't quite hear. My heart stopped in my chest and I didn't think twice before I jumped off my bed and sprinted down the stairs, I made sure Astrid was still on the phone.

Astrid tried to kill herself, she actually tried but called me first.

Starting up the car I put her on speaker. "Shhh I'm on my way, do not and I repeat do not go to sleep" I ordered as I sped down the road. "H-hiccup I'm s-sorry" I kept on taking deep breaths because I might burst into tears but I held it together. "No Astrid it's ok stay with me I need to to keep on with me, Astrid I need you" I desperately chocked out, as my eyes filled with tears.

I was almost there as I saw the street sign in the distance. "Astrid I'm driving up your street don't worry your going to be ok" I stated calmly with out even thinking of locking the car door I ripped the front door open and sprinted up the steps in twos.

I opened up the door in a rushed movement to see Astrid looking pale sick and almost dead, laying there on her bed her phone placed lightly in her grip. I let out a sigh as I gently pulled Astrid into a sitting position. "M' tired" she mumbled as her head laid against my chest her eyes fluttered closed as she lightly griped into my shirt.

"No no shhh wake up I just need you to throw them up, just to the bathroom and you'll be ok" I nervously encouraged her as I lifted her up and slid my arm around her back. I lifted up what seemed to be her way to light body. I nervously mumbled encouraging words although at this point it seemed as though I was encouraging myself.

-

With Astrid sprawled out on the bathroom floor a cold cloth on her head and her upper body half hunched over the toilet bowl vomiting. When Astrid was done I got a paper towel and wiped her face and mouth, along with washing out her mouth and helping her clean her teeth.

I was scared, very scared. Astrid had almost died and I'm lucky I was here because if I wasn't at the phone or if my phone was out of charge or I missed the bus, so many different reasons I could of not saved her. It worried me my stomach was doing flips and I didn't know how to control it.

"Hic-hiccup" Astrid whispered out in a raspy voice as her hand clenched into my top. I smiled as I looked down at her, Astrid needed all the love right now I couldn't leave her she can't leave me. I need her we have come so close and the thought of her leaving makes me slightly uncomfortable.

"Can you stay, well until I fall asleep" her voice made me stop in my tracks Astrid wanted me to sleep over? Stay with her. I couldn't believe she was so comfortable that what makes me a little bit more secure.

"Of course, anything you need" I gently spoke with it as I let my fingers run through her hair. I was lucky, I was very lucky to have Astrid here and alive with me right now. Astrid is depressed and I can tell and I just feel so blessed that she is still here with me right now.

She tried to kill herself but she called me and that means that there's something worth living for, there is something that she wants to live for.

I laid Astrid down onto her head and smiled at her. I wanted to tell her how happy I am for her to be here with me now. But before I could open my mouth to say the words I heard a car door slam, I'm assuming it was her parents, but I then heard a frightened strained voice behind me.

"shit, my dad"

----
INSTGRAM: all.things.hiccstrid

love you all

I swear shit about to go down AHAHHAAH

Love you xx

- asty xx