Chapter 26

Chapter 26: your beautiful

- Hiccup pov -

- Friday -

"And I am expecting a full 2000 word essay on the importance of the Aztecs and how they helped shape the modern society today" Mr Marks scratchy voice ringed in my ears as I tried to concentrate on writing it down. My head was a mess today I woke up late and didn't get to school until 10:37 earning myself a detention along with a scowl from the teacher. I just could not think straight today my mind was on Astrid all night worrying about her. It's come a habit hoping she's not hurting herself and she's safe in her bed no father beating her just Astrid sleeping peacefully.

I packed up my books and made my way out the class room because I was late I never got to see Astrid this morning and I really want to say hi to her and just make sure she's doing ok. I knew I was being a hypocrite making sure she doesn't cut when I have cuts on my arm. But I just don't want Astrid hurting like that, I can deal with it but Astrid, I just want her safe and happy.

I hadn't cut since Tuesday and it's now Friday. I wasn't proud of myself for cutting but I wasn't proud of myself for being 3 days clean either. I'm not saying I hadn't had any urges to place that blade on my skin. I had plenty of times but I ignored it I knew I couldn't turn this into a habit and I truly want to stop. And I was willing to try and stop,

For Astrid

My head shot up when I heard an angelic laugh, that sounded somewhat familiar. I looked over to the source of the sound and I was surprized to see Astrid, Heather, and Snotlout all standing in a circle laughing and talking. Astrid looked so happy, so care free for the first time in ages. But I wasn't the reason for Astrid smile.

I have never made Astrid laugh like that, only small smiles here and there. Am I doing something wrong? Does she not like me? A million questions buzzed in my head but soon disappeared when I saw Astrid look up and smile at me. I was just imagining things. I made my way over to the group saying hi to Heather and Astrid.

As I went to say hi to Snotlout he gave me a sympathetic smile and started starting at my wrists. I hoped no one else noticed luckily they didn't. "Hey Snotlout" he gave me a smile and pulled me in for a hug. I was extremely surprised about this Snotlout was not really the one to care about other people, in the nicest way possible he was just going through life as a one man, and I was taken back by the amount of care he showed.

I smiled at him and joined into some small talk and conversation that was going about the group. I was quietly standing there hardly listening at my gazed fixed upon Astrid. Her golden blonde hair that literally shined like the sun. Her blue eyes that held oceans and her perfect red lips that looked so plump and smooth. Astrid's personality was also amazing her smile, her laugh, the way she makes you feel like your on cloud nine.

This feeling I had in the pit of my stomach was more than a crush it was like between a crush and a love. I knew not to get my hopes high because Astrid has too much going on right now and besides she wouldn't want me as a boyfriend. I'm useless and annoying and I can't even help her. She would want someone who can actually love her properly.

"Ugh I suck at maths and I don't know what to do, like I can't find a tutor anywhere," that line caught my attention, I pulled my thoughts away from Astrid to what she was saying. "I can tutor you!" I was excited I might be able to spend more time with her.

Astrid looked surprised probably because she thinks o fail every subject but I'm actually really smart straight A student, except for music, I can't sing to save me. "Uh ok, how about this afternoon?" I nodded smiling slightly.

"Yeh my house or?"

"Yeh your house, way better not mine haha yeh your house cool," Astrid rambled on she seemed slightly off but I just guessed it was because of her dad is at her house and I don't blame her, he seemed pretty harsh.

"Cool I'll drive you home with me" I smiled at her noticing how Astrid seemed look a bit worried and fidgety. "Yeah that sounds good" she nodded her head in approval.

"Awwww you two are such a cute couple I call it..... Hiccstrid" Heather yelled out of no where. Hiccstrid? Our ship name? I don't think we would be a good couple I could love to date Astrid but she wouldn't like me, trust me she's my type but I'm not her type.

I felt the blush on my cheeks and looked over to see Astrid with rosy red cheeks and a half smile. "Well on that note Hiccstrid just got awkward so I'll leave you guys alone" Snotlout snickered before walking away giving me a thumbs up.

I carelessly rolled my eyes at Snotlout and looked over to Heather. "The bell goes in about 1 minute I'm going to walk to my next class" she left waving slightly. Then it was just me and Astrid. I decided to start conversations and made this whole vibe less awkward.

"How are you?"

"Been better."

Astrid's reply didn't help, I let out a sigh looking at her. She looked broken and sad I just didn't know what to do now, I've tried really hard telling her to call me when she feels sad but she doesn't because she feels like she's making my life harder but she not.

"The questions more like are you ok?" I stiffened at the curiosity in her voice. I nodded my head with a timid smile.

"Snotlout was talking about how we should have a massive sleepover and it should be at your house, if that's ok with you like tonight but I know your tutoring me like maybe you can tutor me then everyone comes over?" Astrid sounded so happy and carefree for once, she looked so content with life and it made me happy. If Astrid wanted a sleepover we where going to have a sleepover.

"Of course tell the twins, Heather, Fishlegs and Snotlout that it's at my house. And I can't tutor you before hand" I confirmed and nothing could make me happier then the smile on Astrid face in that moment. And I caught myself saying something.

"Your so beautiful."

Astrid's eyes widened completely shocked and that hurt me seeing Astrid didn't get complimented often and if she did she would just shake it off and deny the comment. She deserves the world but she just can't see that yet.

"Your funny" she laughed. And there was proof of everything I just thought she doesn't see how beautiful she is she doesn't understand any of this.

"It's not a joke Astrid, your so beautiful and you need to realise that" she just looked down ignoring what I just said she clearly couldn't accept that she was beautiful.

"I'll go tell the others about tonight" she walked off giving me a small fake smile. And there again I ruined her mood because of my dumb mouth I couldn't keep shut.

--
Woah 1292

I love you all so much xxx

- Asty xoxo